PDA

View Full Version : Today Tonight Story on Qantas

Torqueman
7th Apr 2008, 11:24
Does anyone know what happened to the today tonight story on Qantas maintenance and saftey that was due to be aired tonight, 7th of April, 2008.

I saw it being promoted in an advertisement during the day tuned in. But no story or mention of it.

News anyone?

mostlytossas
7th Apr 2008, 11:52
I've lost count of the amount of stories Today Tonight pull out of. Probably were threatened with legal action if it went ahead and/or did not have the facts to back up any statements.
Let's face it TT or a Current Affair for that matter are hardly quality jounalism and are the equivalent to some newspapers going around that are all headline no substance.

Duff Man
7th Apr 2008, 11:58
something on the Ch 7 news, if that's what you mean

lot of empty rhetoric about safety coverups and non-publicity of incidents and a conspiracy between CASA and Qantas.

Showed a single sheet of A4 paper claiming to be a list of emails with "scary stuff" but didn't say anything.

YAWN

Angle of Attack
7th Apr 2008, 12:35
LOL anyone who gives a percentage point of credibility to those idiots, why would you? Today tonight and ACA are a complete joke, I havent watched them for years, any story they run in the end proves a crock, so why bother, all their stories end up being $hite. Even the SBS and ABC are only half right but at least not all wrong I guess, hmm...

air doris
7th Apr 2008, 14:01
I saw the progarm with my house mate, only because of the hype that was going on, I thought it may have been interesting. I didn't get their point at all, and neither did she. It was baseless reporting and we decided that Qantas has obviously pissed off someone at CH 7. End of story.

Capt Wally
7th Apr 2008, 20:38
We are talking about commecial TV here guys/gals, their out to do one thing, make money by way of 'stories/shows' (whether they are true or not)that attract viewers to then attract advertisers, their there for no other reason!:bored: You watch it & that's exactly what they want.

CW

Pinky the pilot
8th Apr 2008, 03:34
TT and ACA can be better described as 'Infotainment.' Neither could be described as journalism by any stretch of the imagination and IMHO deserve to be treated with contempt.:yuk:

The story concerned would have more legitimacy if it was done by something like 'Four Corners' but even then I'd be slightly sceptical as even that show has been seen to have an axe to grind on occasion.

captaindejavu, Whilst I agree with you, I fear that you are fighting a losing battle!:{:ugh:

max1
8th Apr 2008, 03:36
Frontline and Mike Moore and Martin di Stasio are the only ones I trust.

Anulus Filler
8th Apr 2008, 04:26
TORQUEMAN.....

Here is what was aired re Qantas Safety.... http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=248153&cl=7295987&ch=248154&src=y7news :}:ouch:

It was actually on Ch 7 news and not TT.

Torqueman
8th Apr 2008, 10:36
cheers Anulus.

I guess i believe the current affairs shows about as much as I believe qantas.

The truth is out there.......

airtags
9th Apr 2008, 05:14
Not for a minute am I batting for GD & co in respect of maintenance but................

this was a bit of a yawn story and very lazy basic reporting.
- all vision is stock overlay and if 7 "had the documents" why would'nt they use them - suspect all 7 really had was the summary chronology .........not even a third party grab or a few grabs from departing pax to give it the stamp of struggle street cred........

Whoever provided 7 with the base for the story also needs a kick as all stories like this do is to reduce the validity when real issues are trying to/need to get up.

This so called 'news' piece did nothing more than erode the LAME's/et al; very genuine cause.

Tip for the informant:
Next time you are going to get a dog at the door to bark for you - try to make it an big one that can actually bark. This one was a poodle with fleas.

Capt Wally
9th Apr 2008, 09:04
airtags:D:D:D

CW

blow.n.gasket
9th Apr 2008, 10:56
Engineers & EBA = ?;)