PDA

View Full Version : Message receipt locked in Outlook

Islander Jock
7th Apr 2008, 00:28
I am running 3 email accounts on outlook but can only connect to one ISP for sending messages.

I recently received an email via one of the non ISP connected accounts which the sender had asked for a receipt. I inadvertantly clicked yes and because the current connection cannot log onto the SMTP server of the originally email, I keep getting the error message that the connection cannot contact the SMTP.

I have tried removing the Pop 3 account and re-installing but the receipt is still hiding somewhere in the background.

I know one solution would be to connect direct to the ISP but that is just not possible.

Any suggestions appriciated.

PPRuNeUser0171
7th Apr 2008, 15:34
That particular account should have an outbox with the message receipt in it so it should be just a matter of clicking onto the outbox and deleting the receipt message.

FWIW, All three accounts can send through the same SMTP server and it will still work with the correct return addresses, etc.

Many ISP's will only let you use SMTP through their servers to prevent you from connecting to any old SMTP server and spamming.

Islander Jock
8th Apr 2008, 01:46
Williamsg,
There is no specific outbox for that account.

If I reply to or forward a message received from one of the different ISP accounts to the one connected, I have to change the account account to the connected ISP