PDA

View Full Version : Jeddah Living Standards

ETOPS MAN
23rd Apr 2001, 05:15
I am currently considering a position in Jeddah with Saudi Airlines. Would there be anyone who is living there now able to give me some insight to the accommodation ,health care and general living standards in Saudi City.
Im also trying to find if it is possible to receive a satellite channel that broadcasts the Rugby live.(very important!)
Any good/bad info greatly appreciated.

[This message has been edited by ETOPS MAN (edited 23 April 2001).]

[This message has been edited by ETOPS MAN (edited 23 April 2001).]

mutt
23rd Apr 2001, 07:32
I presume that you are talking about the "Dispatch Training Position"?

Email me at [email protected] for the straight skinny.....

Mutt :)

DownIn3Green
23rd Apr 2001, 18:06
Mutt,

Does that mean you're changing jobs?

I heard the IDG guys may be working again soon for a company that appreciates them.

mutt
23rd Apr 2001, 20:49
DI3G,

Nope not moving, just know whats going on.

I'm delighted for the IDG guys, will they end up in this part of the world?

Rgds.

Mutt :)

DownIn3Green
24th Apr 2001, 13:44
Mutt,

Sorry, but I don't think so, at least for the time being.

BahrainLad
26th Apr 2001, 15:29
Jeddah?? Living??

Best satellite sports channel in the Middle East is undoubtedly the South African 'SuperSports' Network.

They show everything - including Saturday afternoon UK footy matches - apart from F1 which is on STAR Sports pirated from India.

Flame Out
27th Apr 2001, 11:42
Never liked the place. No booze, no women, men wear dresses and kiss each other. I really hope you like the satellite TV cause that's the only entertainment you gonna get.

mutt
28th Apr 2001, 22:42
No booze, No women, No entertainment?

Are you sure that you are talking about Jeddah, Saudi Arabia?

Mutt

mr blue sky
1st May 2001, 07:52
Good question Mutt, he's probably a tourist !

Conky Joe
1st May 2001, 16:28
Super Sports has good coverage granted (just a shame they don't carry F1 as we don't get Star Sports - bring back Kyalami), but watching South Africa v England is a bit of a revelation. Any skill shown by England is put down as immense luck or bad reffing while South Africa are of course the masters of the game and robbed any time they lose. Fair comment I suppose but I'm used to commentators with an opposing bias!

Flame Out - sorry that you didn't get our much while you were here! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

ETOPS MAN
1st May 2001, 16:39
Conky Joe,

I understand where you are coming from.
Does Super Sports carry Super 12 and if so, is it live coverage?

As you have probably guessed, Jeddah sounds good to me as long as there is oval ball on the big screen!

"Its the simple things in life.........."

[This message has been edited by ETOPS MAN (edited 01 May 2001).]

Call the tower
1st May 2001, 18:46
What no entertainment in Saudi..

There's entertainment 5 times a day...
It starts with the line "ALAH......."

BahrainLad
2nd May 2001, 14:44
Conky Joe, they did this to us - replaced STAR with Fox which is crap.

Get your guys to point the dish at the AsiaSat over India, pirate a decoder card from the internet and voila - STAR Sports with the F1.

And yes, Super were showing the Super 12. So much so that they relegated the England match over to Supersport 2.