PDA

View Full Version : Job situation

Tor
16th Jul 2000, 00:42
Does anyone know of companies hirering lowtime pilots?

EU citizen, national CPL, frozen ATPL, ME, IR and JAA-MCC. Have some 250 hrs.

Thanks

Tor

m.e.freightwhore
17th Jul 2000, 09:14
If you have Metro III time or an endorsement, and sometimes not if you are lucky or know someone, then you might try DHL. They have hired a number of 250hr expat pilots (British, Canadian, American) lately and are chronically short due to high turnover. But Bahrain is nice the pay ain't bad so give it a try.

Tor
17th Jul 2000, 15:14
Thanks

You wouldn't happen to know a contact address or e/web-address to DHL in Bahrain.

Tor

m.e.freightwhore
18th Jul 2000, 01:01
Certainly,

You should normally contact Farooq Jawed, Director of operations. Unfortunately he is out for a month or so so try Jeremy Mackie, chief pilot SA227.
Ph:328 544

Good Luck

robione
19th Jul 2000, 23:47
BUDAYA BAHRAIN HEY SWEET MUSIC TO MY EARS.Hi m.e.frieghthore,are u with DHL?.Iguess u are living in Budaya.I worked at the CC Club,lived in BAH 93/97 and want to return when im finished would love DHL on the METROS.Currently FNZ JAR ATPL,doing CPL/MULTI /INSTRUCTOR,whats the situ like out there.Would like to hear some more of your comments please.

robione
19th Jul 2000, 23:57
TOR,keep us posted on any replys u get here im very interested.Will be watching this.

Tor
20th Jul 2000, 00:47
M.e. -- Thanks for the info.

Robione -- I haven't persued this possibility yet. Want to see how local things develop after the summer holidays :)

Tor

PAIFAgofer
20th Jul 2000, 16:48
Hey MEFW...just out of curiosity are there any other freight companies in the Gulf hiring fairly low time pilots? I have an FAA CPL SEL/MEL IFR and CFI/CFII/MEI with around 900 hours, 300 of that multi. I have been flying cancelled checks in the states for a couple of months, and figure if im going to haul freight, might as well do it somewhere interesting...lived in Bahrain for 12 years and speak half-decent arabic, got any advice?
Thanks

lost again 2
22nd Jul 2000, 22:38
Hello to you all,

What operator in that region would be looking at a guy with about 2500TT and about 700 multi. I have a canadien ATPL, but was born in Europe.
Any replies?

May all your landings be greasers!!!