PDA

View Full Version : Ansett being reborn in the next week?

mootyman
6th Apr 2008, 08:28
Any takers on this?:hmm:

The Bungeyed Bandit
6th Apr 2008, 08:38
You're either dreaming or delusional!!!

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

DH 200'
6th Apr 2008, 08:41
Mate, 6 days too late.;)

sms777
8th Apr 2008, 00:53
When did she get pregnant?

Skystar320
8th Apr 2008, 01:59
I’d be careful with those words there. Well ****** has been brought out maybe a name change.

If your sick, go check yourself into a cynic hospital – I believe they look after people like you well [pun intended]

The Bungeyed Bandit
8th Apr 2008, 02:18
Sorry I touched a raw nerve guys.

I didn't agree with Eddington about many things but he hit the nail on the head when he said "This is a great airline but it's a terrible business".

I'll agree it got bled from outside but let's face it, what sort of management would go to Mr Boeing and say gee, we'd like some of your nice B767s but can you put a seat in it for the FE.
Allowed rostered overtime for bag chuckers.
Project 2000 - what ever that was.
Flew a fleet of aircraft that were same type but different config so each individual aircraft had it's own maintenance manuals.

Guys, we were all on a good wicket while it lasted but it just doesn't work like that anymore.

Skystar320
8th Apr 2008, 02:27
Project 2000

Now that was fun! Would have been very interesting if that plan too off the ground.

Buster Hyman
8th Apr 2008, 03:02
As one of the few that made it to AN MkII, and having seen the business plan, it was possible to turn a profit (albeit in theory) within 6 months.

However, that was 2002 & only QF was a serious competitor at the time. DJ was only just ramping up. Now, with 4 individual operators plying their trade around Oz, I reckon there's no chance.

It's either a wind up, or, if real, someones about to lose more money than they can count!:ugh:

farrari
8th Apr 2008, 04:01
There is a guy in QLD with company called Ansett resources, he is trying I think. Do a search there is info onit from 2007:)

VH-FTS
8th Apr 2008, 07:54
Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au...36_hpnews.html

Mr Byrt must secure the rights to use Ansett in the aviation sector and even then, the company would be renamed Ansett ******.

inthefluffystuff
8th Apr 2008, 08:23
Not again, the old story comes around every couple of years.