PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Interview?

DC10Plt
15th Jul 2000, 23:48
I (a US resident/citizen) recently applied to Emirates using their email/online application. I meet all requirements to include international experience and flying the 737 in Saudi Arabia. Any ideas on how to increase my chances for an interview.

Thank you much and look forward to hearing all responses.

CaptChaos
16th Jul 2000, 10:37
No not really but you can expect on the interview them to ask you how to avoid stalling AN A310 ON FINAL !!!!!

Haggis
19th Jul 2000, 17:19
I can't offer you any advice but I have heard they are meant to be ongoing interviews starting from July.

Is anyone due to go out at the end of the month i.e next week as I have a standby slot for the 28th July ?

Would be interested to hear from anyone thats been out recently or is scheduled to go out soon.

mutt
19th Jul 2000, 21:23
DC10PLT,

Why dont you try going back to Saudia? Direct entries 777 or 747 classic expected in the next month or so.

Mutt

Bob the Builder
19th Jul 2000, 23:57
Haggis- what do you mean that you have a standby slot at the end of the month?
I'm off thataway at the end of the month and am having difficulty getting a reasonable airfare!
Do tell!

DC10Plt
20th Jul 2000, 08:05
Saudia? Don’t think so. The pay is good, the lifestyle is not so good. No seniority or any other type of good faith opportunities. I could end up over there flying right seat in a 737 and that’s it. I have higher career aspirations than that.

By the way, while in Saudi Arabia I didn’t work for Saudia, I worked for Aramco.

Thanks to Ade for his offline response to my post. I received much good info. And Ade, looks like I’ll be spending a few days in EMA toward the second half of August. Maybe I can buy you that beer I owe you if you’re not too far away. I’ll take a bus.

Keep the posts coming and good luck to all.

[This message has been edited by DC10Plt (edited 20 July 2000).]

Haggis
20th Jul 2000, 19:40
Bob, the standby is for the Interview. If someone decides that they are not going to show up then they will let me know and then I have to get out there asap.

Apparently everyone going out needs to re-confirm within 2 days of the interview.

Bob the Builder
21st Jul 2000, 08:19
Ooooopsadaisy Haggis! I'm sorry! BUT i'm going to keep my appointment- been waiting too long too make a pigs ear of itI'll let you know how I do though!!! Good luck everyone!

[This message has been edited by Bob the Builder (edited 21 July 2000).]