PDA

View Full Version : Instrument school Melbourne

Brian Abraham
5th Apr 2008, 09:44
PPrune search with no joy. Anyone have a recomendation re school in Melbourne for instrument rating? Aware of the reputation of Pt. Macquarie, NSW. Thanks in advance.

over_centre
5th Apr 2008, 10:15
No need to look any further than Steve Pearce at Bini's.

Flying Meat Cleaver
5th Apr 2008, 12:09
Melbourne Flight Training, Johnny Paizis. Have known several who have done their ratings etc. with this man. Great bloke and top IFR instructor. He'll educate you and teach you how to think outside the square.

FMC.

Lasiorhinus
5th Apr 2008, 13:56
Steve Pearce at Peter Binis.

This man is the absolute bee's knees - no reason to go anywhere else in the country!

Howard Hughes
5th Apr 2008, 15:24
As others have said Steve Pearce at Peter Bini's, I did mine there in 1987!:eek:

What Steve doesn't know about IFR flying ain't worth knowing...:ok:

Probably the only downside is that they are still using the same aircraft that I got my rating in!:ooh:

desmotronic
5th Apr 2008, 21:10
Concur Steve Pearce is excellent, consequently you need to book him well ahead.

PlankBlender
5th Apr 2008, 22:45
Another vote for John and MFT from me. They also have probably the best category B synthetic trainer in the state, if not the country, with a full cockpit setup that can simulate a Baron or King Air, among other things, and 180 degree visuals for circling practice at minimum vis. :ok:

over_centre
6th Apr 2008, 02:42
Must admit, I've flown with John too and found him to be an excellent instructor. I thought the similarity in Steve and John's mannerisms, even the way they speak, was almost spooky...both fine gentlemen!

Flying Meat Cleaver
6th Apr 2008, 03:30
Well Brian it seems that we've narrowed it down to two fine instrument instructors for you. You'll get a very good rating from either of the above mentioned gentlemen. Thats of course not saying that there aren't other good IFR instructors around Melbourne, as I know there are. Hopefully you'll find what you are looking for.

FMC.

sky surfer
7th Apr 2008, 12:41
What is paul ciocia doing these days...didnt he work at bini's with stevie P and john p?

Brian Abraham
8th Apr 2008, 03:59
Many thanks for the input folks, and also to those who PMed. :ok: