PDA

View Full Version : Trevor Thom

gillinn
5th Apr 2008, 01:20
Does anybody know if there have been made any important updates that could affect my knowledge when these books have been reprinted through the years?

The thing is i got a few books that are from 1990-1995 and wanted to be sure i wasn't missing out on something or reading something outdated.

Thanks,

Gilli

captain_rossco
5th Apr 2008, 11:23
Hi, I used that same edition for all of my ppl exams. No worries at all.

Regards
CR

poss
5th Apr 2008, 11:36
I think in the navigation section I heard that theres hardly any mention of radio nav aids and radar, which are included in recent papers.. might be worth checking it out.

TheOddOne
5th Apr 2008, 11:50
Air Law has changed significantly - sufficient for one of our guys to fail the current paper based on buying some old books on eBay.

Take care! The cost of failing an exam is greater than the cost of buying the latest book. There's a motto about ships and a ha'path of tar...

Cheers,
TheOddOne

paco
5th Apr 2008, 15:13
Pete Godwin at Bonus keeps them updated

phil

lady in red
6th Apr 2008, 21:03
There are many changes to these books, which have not had the name of Trevor Thom on them for more than five years. Air law changes annually and there have been extensive additions to the Nav book, as said above, to include the Radio nav section. The most up to date editions are published through Air Pilot Publishing and have been in colour for over a year now. For more details it is worth looking at the Pooleys website as they are the major distributor. It is also worth noting that virtually all of the exam questions are sourced from this series of books not from any others!

Rugbyears
6th Apr 2008, 22:31
There is an awful lot of TT 2004 book (7th Edition) for sale on EBay – Not sure, but I don’t believe there has been much updated since then – Although I will happily stand corrected.

Good Luck :ok: