PDA

View Full Version : C-208 Amphib in Dubai

JoeCo
19th Apr 2001, 21:32
Anyone out there hear the rumor about a C-208 Amphib opporation starting in Dubai? How many planes and more importantly, how many pilots are going to be needed. Pay, roation, etc. etc.

Thanks,

Joe

Call the tower
20th Apr 2001, 10:54
G'day

I to would like some more info on this would love to work in DXB as I don't have the hours for EK, C208 around DXB would be great!

Where did you here about this?

It's not a bad idea I know they do helicopter flights around the creek and things.

Only problem I can see is operating small 208.s around DXB Int'l! Might give radar a few probs!
Any locals being employed as pilots?

The tower.

ironbutt57
20th Apr 2001, 22:23
Is it "restarting"? It did operate some years back, but i THINK it is defunct...not sure...shame if it is, used to hear them departing the "creek" for AUH...

733SS
22nd Apr 2001, 00:39
Hey Guys...just to let you know I heard that Zimex has the contract and they are going to start running flights from the DXB to AUH to DXB starting in Sept.

Hopefully it works this time...I think they are also looking for float pilots..

Hope this helps!

www.zimex.com (http://www.zimex.com)

Herc Jerk
22nd Apr 2001, 01:23
Correct.

Seats may be scarce as i believe quite a few 'old hands' are keen on the position(s). Think rotations are to be at least 3mths/1mth and possibly longer. Guess it must be somewhat better than Algeria or Angola :)

Doesn't hurt to try fellas, good luck!

yakkity
24th Apr 2001, 06:50
The float service in Dubai fell apart through mis-managment at the upper levels. The operation as a whole worked fine and the Crews were never a problem for Either Radar or Tower. It would be nice to see it starting again , with the same operators.
Will find out from Dubai if there is any rumours about it starting up again.

------------------
Follow the Yellow Brick Road!