PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming CX Interview

Alvord
4th Apr 2008, 15:37
Hello all,
I have an upcoming CX interview and am trying to compile as much study material as I can. I have gouge from willflyforfood and aviationinterviews, but was curious if anyone knew or had anything else. Also any info anyone has I would appreciate it. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Voodoo 3
7th Apr 2008, 12:38
Alvord,

Check your PM's

V3

Webslinger
8th Apr 2008, 09:11
Voodoo, Im in the same boat, could you PM me if you get the chance with any CX current gouge. Thanks

azdriver
8th Apr 2008, 13:53
CX
Voodoo, Im in tthe same situation, could you PM me if you get the chance with any CX current gouge.

Thanks you very much for your help
azdriver

MAJICJOHSON
8th Apr 2008, 14:22
Could you please PM the gouge as well. Sorry to be such a pain in the arss. Thanks in advance!

738donkey
8th Apr 2008, 21:30
I would be very grateful for any info as well, thanks.

extreme P
9th Apr 2008, 03:32
http://www.jetthrust.com

1. Look under General Aviation
2. Register (free!).
3. Wait.
4. Download.
5. Enjoy.

big73driver
18th Apr 2008, 03:15
Voodoo 3,
Could you help me out as well. I'm interviewing in early May. Appreciate it.:)

Happydays
18th Apr 2008, 09:19
hey i recently passed the first interview. do u have skype or msn ?

HORNET406
18th Apr 2008, 09:33
Be yourself in the interview and don't try and bulldust these guys.They have been around the block plenty of times and if you don't know something be honest with them and say so.If you try and make out that you know more than what you actually do, you'll dig yourself a big hole!!
Enjoy the experience!

big73driver
18th Apr 2008, 23:08
Happydays,
If you could send to [email protected], I would tremendously appreciate it. Congratulations to you!

big73driver

heilige
19th Apr 2008, 19:43
Hi,

Anyone got any current CX gouge, please pm to me also.

Thanks in advance!

heilige
19th Apr 2008, 19:49
Hi,

Anyone got any current CX gouge, please pm to me also.

Thanks in advance!

ChinaClipper
20th Apr 2008, 06:22
Since it appears that the begging has begun, sooooooo any current CX gouge available?? Going in May and would love any of the latest and greatest. PM and I'll do the same....Thanks Clip:O

lew132002
21st Apr 2008, 16:44
oh i definitley need some help, any info will be greatly appreciated for my interview in may [email protected]

bedbug
23rd Apr 2008, 04:08
just curious if any of you guys actually got gouges sent from posting here? :}
my interview is in May too.

sicilian
23rd Apr 2008, 08:50
I was in HKG two months ago and as far as the interview goes all the questions you'll find have been posted here in this forum. The questions (tech) are always changing because there are alot of different interviewers and they wont ask exactly the same questions everytime they do an interview.

All the q's I was asked I had either seen before (on here) or had come up from previous stuff that I should know from my flying so far. I'm no expert but my guess is that they're just as interested in how you come up with an answer and how you think as the answer itself.

As for the HR section of the interview there were no surprises

As for the sim, do a search on previous posts as its all still current.

Best of luck

atmonaut
24th Apr 2008, 06:15
Hey Voodoo3.

Sorry to be the one hundredth guy to ask for help, but could you send me that stuff too.

Thanks buddy, hope to see you on the line.

guest33
25th Apr 2008, 01:48
Hello Voodoo.
If you wouldn't mind sending me the data also. Thank You! I owe you one.

bedbug
25th Apr 2008, 03:38
thanks for your input Sicilian, hornet,
preparing for this interview has certainly helped me see my personal priorities and plans clearer, and know myself better.

just wondering if we are all talking about the same CX interview - as in DESO or CPP? surprisingly so many interviewees for DESO.

atmonaut
25th Apr 2008, 05:44
Is this for the cadet program or DESO? If it is for DESO and that is the infromation Voodoo3 is helping out with. It would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks man.

mgheda
25th Apr 2008, 19:56
I'm going too for an interview on the first days of MAY for a DEFO...
If anyone has some gouges I'll appreciate some help!!!

Thanks in advance, Happy Landings to you all :cool:

rjmore
26th Apr 2008, 22:11
Everyone take a deep breath, calm down and re-read the thread. The same gouge you will get is what you can download from the Jetthrust site. You guys are gonna burn Voodoo out.

urdaddy
29th Apr 2008, 14:31
Sorry, to continue adding on here guys. But, if any of you down the line have a chance to send that info my way I would really appreciate it.

All the best and good luck to everyone!

PM or this email would be great [email protected]

URDADDY:ok:

dens6722
30th Apr 2008, 12:16
Hi ,

I have the 1st interview in june in Paris with CX. I have the Capt XYZ 11th change, the Ace ,and the airline pilot interview . Is it enough ?
Are you going in Paris?
A +
Dens

sioux115
30th Apr 2008, 18:11
Anybody interviewing in YVR in late May?

Jet416
7th May 2008, 07:57
Internet and Wikepedia is a good source for tech. questions. Know all about their fleet, engines, aircraft orders, their profit.

xjt
7th May 2008, 17:34
Hi everybody....This is my first post eventhough i have followed this thread for years. I have an interview coming up soon and would appreciate if there is any additional information you guys could email me that would help out. Any gouge information other than the internet stuff would be great.

fly safe....thanks for the help

xjt:ok:

ashcroft79
7th May 2008, 22:46
well I just got back from my interview today, and let me tell you it was nothing like what I had prepared for. First there was the 30 question test as expected, then the interview itself as expected. Once I got into the interview itself is where it was strange. I had all the h.r questions, but nothing about the company history, no model airplanes sitting on the table, no questions about aerodynamics, no how many airplanes do we have on order or how many do we have total. We touched on v1, critical engine on a prop airplane, and that kind of thing. Like everyone else has said when you leave you have no idea of did they like you or not. I'll find out in a week or so they said. Good luck to those of you who have an interview coming up.

bedbug
7th May 2008, 23:22
hi ashcroft,

The line of questioning you expected, starting with the model airplanes, is mostly for the CPP 1st interview isn't it? I was under the impression DESO,DEFO 1st interviews would be v.different, from looking at the gouges.

good luck back to ya btw. I'll have my interview about the time you get your reply. :ok:

paidtowait
8th May 2008, 14:15
They told me to Call Amy on the 16th to "find out if and when to go to Hong Kong."

That seems different.:hmm:

pfm08
8th May 2008, 14:36
hi all, with the amount of guys asking for gen, i thought i would add my name to the list!
if anyone has anything at all that might help for my first interview, please pm me!!

regards

ashcroft79
8th May 2008, 17:19
I was told the exact same thing. Good luck to you.

paidtowait
8th May 2008, 23:34
Ok good, at least I'm not the only one.
and good luck to you as well!

Later
:ok:

MilPilot
9th May 2008, 04:34
I had my interview in Paris and was told the date of my second interview, but was also told to call Amy to see if I was successful. I have my second interview in June.

I had a traditional interview with airplanes on the table etc.

edawg
9th May 2008, 17:39
Are there any major differences between the FO and SO interviews? They are the same as far as I can tell. My interview's in June for DESO.

Happydays
9th May 2008, 19:30
Will the 2nd interview technical questions be totally different from stage 1 or will they ask you questions on your weaknesses from the 1st interview? Anybody know?

edawg
10th May 2008, 03:38
Where can I find some info on the Written Test that is part of the interview?

727 Whisper Jet
12th May 2008, 06:22
I have my first interview on the 26th, any help with the gouge or how your first interview went???

Thanks

727 guy...

727 Whisper Jet
12th May 2008, 06:24
I have my interview on the 26th of May...

mongkok cowboy
12th May 2008, 17:07
Im a current CX pilot.
The personal questions are where the battle is won and lost.... so prepare word perfect answers to all the standard stuff (see XYZ guide for personal stuff, and use common sense).
examples..
1. tell us about yourself
2. why join cathay
3. strenghts weaknesses... all the usual stuff

Try and avoid telling them about aviation in your life. If they ask you for your hobbies, dont talk about flying. Avoid talking about flying AMAP.

try and cover as much tech stuff as you can, but remember its how you answer. And dont bull**** them... if you dont know, then say it.

Our uniform is black single breast, with dark blue tie... so wear as close as possible to this.

PM me is any Q's

DONT get bogged down studying tech stuff 99% of the time. You MUST know the personal questions backwards.... this is the most common mistake. Some people know how many rivets in the 747, but they cannot answer a simply question like ... "tell us about yourself", without stuttering, and looking like a fool. You must prepare 100%, and memorize your personal answers. !!!

If you have the time, do a professional interview course.... aviation is best, but if not, then a solid one is invaluable.

MK

bigmisterno
14th May 2008, 20:44
Hi Voodoo, please can you send me the same informaton about CX? I will have the interview soonfor Direct Entry F/O.
Thanks for ypur help..
[email protected]

727 Whisper Jet
18th May 2008, 23:25
Hey Clipper,

I have my interview next Monday. How was yours? Was the gouge you received the one off of the download site?

727WJ

Voodoo 3
20th May 2008, 11:51
Hi everyone,

I am very sorry that I have not sent any of the CX Q's that some of you have been asking for over the past few weeks. Very simply I did not get through to the next round :{, and so had not really bothered to keep up with this forum. However I was just having a peek and noticed that this thread was at the top so had a look through and noticed that some were still asking for the info.

To all those that want it then please PM me your email address and I will send the info that I have.

As someone else I think mentioned there is plenty of useful stuff on Tech Log, and I found 'Handling the Big Jets' and 'ACE, The Technical Pilots Questions' also helpful.

Good Luck to one and all :ok:,

V3

ashcroft79
21st May 2008, 02:00
If you don't mind asking a personall question. What do you feel was the reason or do you have any idea??

Voodoo 3
21st May 2008, 09:36
Ashcroft,

I cannot pinpoint exactly where I fell down. I was able to answer all of the technical questions however either I wasn't confident enough in my reply or wasn't completely correct. I fumbled a bit on a question about monsoons and I think because the interviewer could see I was having a bit of a problem kept on that subject, letting me dig my own grave. As Mongok cowboy says at the top of the page you really have to go in no less prepared than 100%. It was my first interview in about six years and maybe I just didn't fully appreciate the intensity and levels of study required.

I hope it hasn't put you off but maybe get a friend or two (one asking HR and one tech q's) to grill you on various subjects before you go for your interview.

spearomic
22nd May 2008, 16:58
Hi,

Anyone got an interview in JNB South Africa between the 10th and 12th of june ?
I really don't want to blow this one, any hint is very welcome. PM or email at [email protected]
thanks !

Pradet
15th Jun 2008, 13:24
Hi there,
Are you currently flying for Cathay?
I am consireding applying at Cathay...so what is the good and bad with this Airline??
Thanks

FIRESYSOK
15th Jun 2008, 15:49
Why don't you do a little research instead of looking like a clueless dolt asking such generic questions. As a matter of fact, you should understand that the word airline is not capitalised. Thank you, drive through.

Alvord
16th Jun 2008, 05:16
No, I don't fly for Cathay. I am waiting to see what happens after the second interview. There is a lot of info on Cathay on this forum, jetthrust.com and wikipedia. Read some of the other posts and they will direct you to some more info. As for the goods and bads you will just have to read up on the company and its benefits to you and take some individuals perspectives in stride. They treated very nicely for interview 1. As for applying, go for it. There are a lot of people applying, so it is a crap shoot. Good Luck:)

Mungo Man
1st Jul 2008, 16:14
Sorry, but what is gouge?

jube
24th Jul 2008, 05:07
same boat for me ...any info for my upcoming first interview
deso
would help
thx

Humber10
24th Jul 2008, 08:36
Sorry guys,

but you really need to do a search on this forum and you will find all the answers to your questions.

There are some good interview books out there too that have personal questions. Capt ABC (cx interview), Capt (XYZ), ACE the tech pilot quiz, Gouge in this forum and many other generic interview books you can get at your local book store.

Make sure you have answers to ; why cx, why HK, why leave where you are, what do your family think etc. Your partner might like to have a few answers thought out for the drinks night aswell...

I found by going over this stuff and having prepared answers, that when the time came I didnt have to spit out a prepaired answer, but that I could come out with a good honest answer drawing from the preparation I had done.

Good luck, but make sure you use the search function and you will save yourself some time.