PDA

View Full Version : Flying to Parma

JohnR
4th Apr 2008, 11:47
Apologies for not speaking Italian. I am flying from the UK to Parma in May and would like any info regarding procedures or restrictions on Italian GA flying. I will probably stop at Chambery on route and then fly direct to Parma or maybe down to Nice and across to Parma. It will be a VFR flight in a twin Aztec. Any info welcome.

Regards

John

mau mau
4th Apr 2008, 11:56
You have to organize with Parma handling before, about parkin days and more, cause is compulsory for GA and often is not available.
Otherwise you can land at LIDE around 13NM east from Parma, you pay a lot of money less for landing fees, 100LL available and cheaper, friendly airport and it's enough one fax.
They are all my friends, let me know.

Regarding VFR restrictions...prepare yourself to fly low :*

andrepilota
4th Apr 2008, 12:22
John,check your PM

mgTF
5th Apr 2008, 12:58
Hi, as said before Parma airport could be not so freindly with general aviation, but if you arrange the trip in advance should be no problem. Pay attention, the 100LL is not avaiable unless you take a private agreement with a local company [email protected] or +390521982261.
enjoy the food, bye

Yuri Gagarin
5th Apr 2008, 14:45
Hi there!

I strongly suggest to fly to LIDE instead of Parma unless you really want to land there, it makes life much easier!

Happy trails!

berniecta
5th Apr 2008, 17:21
If you don't have it already download ENR6.3.3 from the italian AIP at this address http://www.enav.it/portal/page/portal/PortaleENAV/Home/AIP
Registration used to be very quick so give it a try. If you just cant manage let me know and I'll email you the relevant info.
Have a happy flying holiday

JohnR
10th Apr 2008, 19:09
Thanks guys for all the advice. I am already registered on the ENAV site for the AIP and have contacted the airport and the fuel suppply so hopefully it will be a good trip. I will let you know !

Yuri Gagarin
10th Apr 2008, 19:31
Have fun and fly safe!

JohnR
11th Apr 2008, 14:30
Yuri, you were absolutey right about the problems at Parma. Although the aeroclub were happy for me to go there and said that AVGAS was available on the apron the airport authorities clearly do not want me anywhere near them! I post their reply to me below;

At Parma Aeroclub it is NOT possible to park unless they have room inside their hangars. Therefore it is NOT acceptable for us. For AVGAS let me repeat that we do NOT have it. If aeroclub agrees to refuel your a/c it is OK for us.
Best regards.

Parma Airport Operations Office
ph. 0039 0521 951512
fax 0039 0521 951530

It is a very aggresive reply and I think that I will be going to Reggio Emilia as suggested above. Thanks for all the suggestions. It is certainly more helpful here than at Parma airport!!

mau mau
11th Apr 2008, 14:48
Nevermind...
in Parma only cause they have 2 liner traffics during the day, they feels like Heatrow.
Let me know when you come in Reggio Emilia and I'll probably meet you there.:ok:

Yuri Gagarin
11th Apr 2008, 16:33
It's such a shame, I personally apologize for that, as I love my country although I personally ended up moving to Scotland in order to fly for a professional operator in a professional environment.

As for Reggio Emilia, it is operated by some young lads who are really friendly. You might want to give them a call or send them an email, just to make sure that everything is OK.

+39.522.920464 Fax +39.522.501413
[email protected]

Their website is http://www.aeroportore.it , only in italian at the moment.

If you need any other help for your trip to Italy please let me or the others here on PPRuNe know, and we will try to help you as much as we can.

Any plans to fly somewhere else in Italy during that period?

CIAO!
Y.