PDA

View Full Version : The EU job market

NAL
4th Apr 2008, 11:13
Advice on the EU job market.

Because of personal reasons, I am considering going back to EU. However, I am 37 and with my kind of experience + age, I have so far supposed that I would be unemployable to a European airline. Therefore I haven’t really followed the European job market very carefully for the past years. I have been in the African charter business for 4 years. I have about 3000 h TT incl. more than 1000 h twin, but no jet time. I hold JAA ATPL(f) + IR.

I am willing to go anywhere in the EU. I have the funds to buy a type rating, but wouldn’t mind flying turboprops for the last part of my carrier if I should get the chance up there.

Anyone knowing the situation in EU who could give me a bit of advice: Is it worth the money to buy a TR in my age and in that case what kind of TR should I consider? Besides, what kind of jobs should I look for with my hours and age?

Some of you may wonder why I don’t just send my CV to a thousand companies in Europe and see what happens. That might be the next step, but by now I am just in the first stage of considering the idea and I would like a bit of advice to focus my planning.

Any serious feedback is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.