PDA

View Full Version : Does simulator instructor require class 1 med?

Bungfai
4th Apr 2008, 10:50
Anyone please tell me about it. My company does require but I feel that it is not necessary. Thanks.

fantom
4th Apr 2008, 11:03
For a JAR organisation a TRE requires a class 1 medical but a TRI doesn't.

f

Intruder
4th Apr 2008, 19:14
Not required in the US, even for an examiner.

Bungfai
8th Apr 2008, 23:18
Thank you so much. I will try to apply with my company.

TyroPicard
11th Apr 2008, 09:32
JAR:
AFAIK a TRI requires a current medical and LPC.
For the SFI you do not need a medical or a current licence.
TP

Nubboy
11th Apr 2008, 19:45
My understanding (UK CAA or whatever it is now!) is that the EXAMINER should hold the same rating, and be subject to at least the same operating standard, as the candidate. Hence full cat 1 medical, ATPL etc for TRE, but not for TRI. :ok:

parabellum
12th Apr 2008, 04:34
Simulator Instructors are often pilots who have lost their licence due to medical reasons.

jetsreams
12th Apr 2008, 20:52
A class 1 medical also includes a psychiatric evaluation.Should not SFIs be checked for mental stability ?

matt_hooks
12th Apr 2008, 21:26
A class 1 medical also includes a psychiatric evaluation.

It does? Really? Are you sure about this? Only I don't remember any psych evaluations in my initial class 1.

Should not SFIs be checked for mental stability?

Why's that? It's a bit difficult to do too much damage flying a simulated plane into a simulated building!

timbob
12th Apr 2008, 23:11
Whattt???? There's another one??? I knew about Roll, Pitch and Yaw...back to the books!:uhoh:

411A
13th Apr 2008, 03:11
A class 1 medical also includes a psychiatric evaluation.

Generally speaking, the only time a psychiatric evaluation might be needed for an FAA class one medical, is when the AME performing same hands the applicant the bill, whereupon said applicant then replies....'Oh, that's not nearly enough, why not just double it and consider the extra as a tip.' :}