PDA

View Full Version : pilot and nurse looking for some answers??...

mali
18th Nov 2000, 06:30
Can anyone point us in the right direction if possible?
I'm an aussie pilot with TT3250hrs (3100 Command) 1500 multi of which 500hrs is Kingair 200 Command. I have an Oz ATP and FAA ATP.
My fiancee is an Irish nurse, we are living in Oz but have worked in Africa and other less than desirable situations, we are both looking at opportunities in the Middle Eastern/Northern Africa region and are wondering if anyone could point us in the best direction.
I am aware of Falcon Air etc but would appreciate any other helpful hints.
Thanks in advance...

SSBJ
18th Nov 2000, 11:59
Try NAS/NJME in Jeddah

ExSimGuy
18th Nov 2000, 16:03
If you consider Jeddah, remember that your fiancee can't come with you unless she gets a job separately - and then she's under restrictions when she's with you (legally, she's not allowed to be!)

If you are getting married before coming here it's not a problem

mali
19th Nov 2000, 05:13
Thanks for the Jeddah tip, anyone got their contact details and what they fly etc??

SSBJ
20th Nov 2000, 22:31
Mali, Exsimguys spot on, try a subject search on National Air Service or Netjets.
Also check out Bizjets and GA, theres a bit in there.
Ciao

Squeekeron
21st Nov 2000, 16:09
Saudi Aramco is also looking for some ex-pat pilots for their Dash-8's and 737-700's. Contact Aramco Services Company, Houston. They have a web page for more info.

Oh yeah, and get married. The fiancee can't come with you without the tied-knot. Once here, she can get a job as a nurse either in the Dhahran clinic or Dammam/Khobar hositals.

allfubar
21st Nov 2000, 16:35
try parc, they have jobs for nurse and pilots..

Warhawk
21st Nov 2000, 21:26
Saudi Aramco won't reply unless you have the reqs. You have the basic hours additionally:

FAA ATP
Type rated & current on B737 or DHC8

They have an on line form etc but the phone works best.

All the best, I knew an Irish nurse once.....

Barra Bait
22nd Nov 2000, 09:18
Mali, Haven't you got a start date in OZ with a couple of Regionals?????
You must really want to be O/S if your not looking at taking one of the jobs on offer.
Good Luck