PDA

View Full Version : Emirates hold pool

145qrh
2nd Aug 2001, 12:23
Can anyone shed some some light please on the average time that one can expect to be
held in the hold pool at Emirates.

I have been waiting about six months so far with 1 update on my application.

Thanks in anticipation 145qrh. :cool:

Mango3
4th Aug 2001, 07:18
145qrh: Did EK respond within the quoted 8 weeks they advise via their web site? I refer here to your initial application. Although I can't answer your query (I have my own hassels) I'd appreciate your comments.

Bingle
4th Aug 2001, 08:50
EK responded in 5 minutes on the initial application to advise that it was recieved.

Another email arrived 8 weeks to the day advising that I was in the Hold pool.

If the whole operation is as professional as I have experienced so far then it will be a pleasure to work for them.

145qrh
4th Aug 2001, 18:31
Mango3: Got initial reply straight away and then got e-mail to say I was in Hold Pool after 2 weeks.

Silence for last 6 months , although spoke to EK Captian who told me it took him 18 months from intitial application to a job.

It pays to be patient although it's not always easy.

Best of luck .

145qrh :cool:

Fly76737
7th Aug 2001, 14:00
The last one i know whom got in took him 7 months from application to the job..patience is the word for EK :eek:

ANFO
10th Aug 2001, 18:21
I read in the newspaper that M'Rats expects delivery of 2 A330s next year. Ant idea as to how much recruitment this will generate? When are the A340s coming?

madcat666
10th Aug 2001, 21:16
ANFO,
Mate, it is true that EK are getting some more slowbuses, but more importantly they are getting another 5 777s next year as well. The 340 arrives end of next year/ beginning of the year after, depending upon what rumour you follow.
Recruitment is full on, and has been said to be happening for a long time to come. With the expansion the way it is at the moment, quickish commands should be happening for a while yet.
Heard that AN was interviewing at the moment, does that mean things are getting better?
Madcat

ANFO
14th Aug 2001, 06:38
G'Dat MadCat, I am not aware of any interviews for pilot intake at AN at present and I do have contacts who would say if there was.Thanks for the info above.

slim
15th Aug 2001, 15:13
ANFO, I would change your contacts if I were you. AN has been doing pilot recruitment interviews for the past couple of months. Two mates of mine went through second stage testing last week. Apparently 50 pilots required, so far 25 vacancies filled. Cheers. ;)

ANFO
17th Aug 2001, 07:35
I stand corrected. I suppose that it's a matter of asking the right question. AN conducted interviews 2 weeks ago. There are 45 pilots on the hold list(some since Feb.) with no further interviews or intake schools planned until the ownership issue is settled.

lumbalund
18th Aug 2001, 00:30
7 years in the hold pool,but then again I am from asia. :cool:

camel trader
20th Aug 2001, 05:30
Took me 18 months from first application to starting date. Seems about average from what I hear.

Fly76737
31st Aug 2001, 15:51
My god,
I am nervous because after 9 weeks i am not even in the hold pool...... :D
I should hold tight ....18 months.....i have time to do a lot of things :(