PDA

View Full Version : EK

jdoe
12th Apr 2001, 01:03
I for one am concerned about Emirates policy of recruting large amounts of local cadets.
Anyone else have concerns?

Dropp the Pilot
12th Apr 2001, 07:24
No

Call the tower
12th Apr 2001, 15:42
Well it would depend on just what exactly the background of these LOCAL cadets are?

Guys from the desert riding the camels or those wadi bashing in 4WD!

But on a serious note going by QR I would agree to your post maybe a bit too much of my daddies a.......

411A
12th Apr 2001, 18:16
For once have to agree with DROPP, it would be very bad policy to exclude local cadets, just as it was for CX to exclude locals for so many years. The "stiff upper lips" types had better get used to the fact that EK is a UAE airline and not an extension of the UK/NZ/Australia airlines.

kurmitola
12th Apr 2001, 20:10
One question, " Who owns this EK anyway ? " Why are you so concern about that ? I havent seen anyone raising their concern about BA, QF, SQ, etc, etc...recruiting their " local" cadet pilots. If they have the qalifications, why not ? After all when I saw them advertise...it says.." the international airline of the U.A.E..." are you working for your country's Natinal carrier ? I sincerely hope so cos if not....many others will not have to use much imagination to think why you are so concern.

wonderbusdriver
12th Apr 2001, 22:14
Makes perfect sense to "breed" your own - if you do it right!

Are you afraid, they´ll screw up the "seniority" system?

Seeyouentee
17th Apr 2001, 00:54
This is a divisive thread that should be closed. Any national carrier has the right to employ their own and train them up.

Emirate s have a requirement of 6000 hours to command. You can work out how long that will take the average cadet to achieve. Most European carriers only have 4-4500 hour requirements for their ab-initios, so Emirates should end up with a more experienced and mature captain than the average European airline.

PPRuNe Towers
17th Apr 2001, 13:34
Don't see any reason to close the thread. Replies have been straightforward and without invective.

Sure, someone might jump in later with a rant and we'll have to deal with it then. However, I don't see why we should pre-emptively halt discussion.

Regards from the Towers
Rob Lloyd
[email protected]

Call the tower
20th Apr 2001, 11:04
This post has raised some interesting points I have to say.

If the people have the right requirements then why not? EK do employ loads of AUS/NZ/UK/YANKS etc but have local guys to, quite a few for the Armed Forces.

Basically anyone who meets the standard and passes selection has the right to work for them.

I would agree with the above, EK is the national carrier of the UAE so obviously they should employ some nationals.

Would look a bit strange if BA the flagship of the UK only employed French pilots!

HUSTLER
23rd Apr 2001, 14:36
411A,

There you go again with your Cathay bashing,
GET OVER IT!!!!!

Fluckbynight
24th Apr 2001, 01:52
Hustler, I think that he was actually commending Cathey for getting over their strange habits of old, I don't see the bash.

HUSTLER
24th Apr 2001, 03:24
Fluckbynight,

Spend 5 min's and do a search of this guys post & then you will see what I mean.