PDA

View Full Version : Please help - Reading needed!

Flyingmiller
3rd Apr 2008, 17:50
Please help – I have just received results of my Spirometry test which I had done at the doctors prior to going to Gatwick for the Class 1. A full MOT so to speak. The results showed that my eyesight is A1 and that I have Excellent hearing, however I do not understand the results of the Spirometry.

I’m Male, 6ft, 31, 14.5 stone.

No idea what these results indicate – Can anyone help decipher them….?

FEV1 3.25/.9 (Variable technique), predicted 4.4/5.28

I really am so worried; therefore, please if you can understand them please inform me.

Thank you – Brilliant forum!:ok:

SkyCamMK
3rd Apr 2008, 17:57
Hopefully a medic will reply, but, FEV Forced Expired Volume relates to the size and effectiveness of your lungs. The predicted value will be based on age, height and mass. Your low score suggests to me that you are not aerobically fit for your age and size. Jogging and cycling could improve this within six weeks if you trained, preferably with a heart rate monitor. Perhaps you have been ill, inactive or similar for the last 3 months or so? Good luck at Gatwick.

Rugbyears
3rd Apr 2008, 18:02
Flyingmiller,

"FEV1 3.25/.9 (Variable technique), predicted 4.4/5.28"

I believe the result is around FEV1 75% 3.25 of 4.4 NOT sure though, also I am unaware what /.9 and /5.28 Variable technique refer to - I would strongly advise you to seek a professional opinion.

Good luck!

NB... Take a look at this thread, don't read too much into the title though, I'm sure you will be ok!!

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=314271