PDA

View Full Version : Where's the BALPA website?

Phoebus
3rd Apr 2008, 08:31
Tried to look at my company's forum on the BALPA website, and get a:

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

Likewise for www.balpa.org...

Technical problems at BALPA, or something more sinister???

ratarsedagain
3rd Apr 2008, 08:40
Can't get on it either.

Dunbar
3rd Apr 2008, 08:42
Same here...the Big Balpa server looks like it is down...any reps got further info?

Ilya Kuryakin
3rd Apr 2008, 08:57
According to the lady who answered the phone at BALPA House, the server is very poorly. It isn't terminal and they are working on it. No timescales given.

BAengineering
3rd Apr 2008, 08:57
Looks like BA have managed to pull the plug on the BALPA website, I believe from the reports in papers today (TIMES) BALPA will be calling for the resignation of Willie Walsh over the T5 fiasco and his handling of current BA pilot issues.

Have they hacked the BALPA site, or it's a simple explaination that they forgot to renew the subscription at the ISP?

Not so far fetched as they've shown how they can control the media in good old Mugabbe style, indeed sure the BA Julia Simpson's contacts into downing street have proved invaluable.

asuweb
3rd Apr 2008, 09:01
Or it may just be a simple technical glitch, reasonably common. :ugh:

ETOPS
3rd Apr 2008, 09:20
The front page is now up but looks like they are still working on the server as the login page returns lines of code.

One of the medium term aims is to replace the host and upgrade the BB at the same time - the current set up is far from suitable given the traffic it has to cope with.

Mick Stability
3rd Apr 2008, 09:23
Isn't it about time we kicked Badass Hall into touch? They're nearly as bad as BA IM!

Polarbear12
3rd Apr 2008, 09:55
It's so frustrating as there are many guys who are more than capable of setting up a reliable website......why are we sticking with the current set up?

Danny
3rd Apr 2008, 11:45
More than happy to have a BALPA members only forum, subdivided into individual airline forums. Even if just as a back up to the main BALPA one! :oh:

Bally Heck
3rd Apr 2008, 11:47
It's up and running again, but most recent post seem to be December.

fantom
3rd Apr 2008, 13:17
December and a message for me that was posted last September !

Mick Stability
4th Apr 2008, 10:32
Down at 11:30. We need to get this site transferred to a reputable web host ASAP!

Human Factor
4th Apr 2008, 10:44
From stories being circulated, this was not necessarily accidental. Don't know any more at the moment.

wiggy
4th Apr 2008, 14:38
Just checked and now it's gone back to January and even lost the witty post I made a day or two ago....:8

Must admit it's gets stranger and stranger, lots of fodder for a conspiracy theory.

Open Lies
4th Apr 2008, 15:51
Hows this for a conspiracy theory.....

Baddow Hall is located in the adjacent business park to Open Skies new offices......

Dirty tricks....? Weve seen nothing yet guys.