PDA

View Full Version : Should I apply to EK?

rocketship
18th Jun 2000, 15:47
I am considering applying to EK and leaving my present job as a airline captain in Europe but I am very concerned.

I hear, from a colleague who is with EK, that experienced EK captains are considering leaving the airline, attracted to contract work offering better $$$ and lifestyle and more than a few EK pilots upset with the recent standard wage increase...what gives?

Is that why the recruitment age is now up to 48? I dont know that an airline that satisfies demand by increasing age and not addressing other issues is one that I should give up my career for!

Can somebody in EK offer me some advice,

thanks

Rabbit
20th Jun 2000, 15:19
Simply YES

Raising the age limit to 48 was required to unable them to recruit sufficient suitable recruits to meet their demand for crew due to growth. A few might leave to chase bigger bucks but that might happen anywhere.

Payrise? - best paid in the Gulf - no tax - good accom' - short time to command - the list goes on. While there is no problem attracting Pilots, management will not aggree to the no need for a payrise. However, the age rise to 48 is the first sign of that.

CloudWarrior
21st Jun 2000, 02:56
could anyone tell me what it would be like A living in Dubai and B working for EK if you're a single female pilot, I know it's odd question but would really appreciate an honest answer, many thanks

Fish
21st Jun 2000, 08:33
Well, you would be extremely popular! Seriously, you will be accomodated in your own apartment (good quality) as for how you would enjoy it here all depends on your present circumstances. The cabin crew seem to have a good time, maybe look at at the cabin crew forum and see if there are any EK girls on that forum. If you have any specific Q's then email me.

http://www.animfactory.com/animgifs/creatures/animals3/fish/fishy_100100WHT.gif