PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 Medical

Rugbyears
2nd Apr 2008, 22:05
I have received confirmation for the booking of my Class 1 Medical this morning. Now I am suffering extreme apprehension – Make or break, one would say!

Several years ago during the Class 2 Medical, it was noticed that I suffered with a condition known as a ‘Partial Right Bundle Branch Block’. Although this did not prevent the medical examiner from issuing a Class 2 Certificate, I am somewhat anxious as to the criteria the C1M examiner works to. Does anyone have experience of this particular condition..? I am aware potential issues have arisen as a result of ‘Complete Right or Left Bundle Branch Blocks’, as set out in the CAA guidelines, but not partial..!

Can someone familiar with the C1 procedure kindly clarify what will be expected of me on the day. The literature provided with the appointment notes suggests that the examination will last most of the day. Will I be provided with the examiners decision on the day of the examination, or are you required to provide copies of you medical records before a decision is reached..?

Flying is a breeze, obtaining a (C1) medical certificate is so much more worrying..!!!

Again thanks :ok:

docash1983
2nd Apr 2008, 23:29
If you do a search, back a couple of days you'll find a recent run down of what to expect in the day. Best of luck.

Docash1983

Rugbyears
3rd Apr 2008, 09:29
Docash1983 - Thanks!