12th Jun 2000, 10:23
June 10, 2000
EMIRATES (First Officers)
P.O. Box 7054, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Tel: no calls
Fax: none
Email: [email protected]
Web Site: http://www.emirates.com/employment/employ_index.asp
Vacancies exist to join our Boeing 777, Airbus A330 and Airbus A300/A310 fleets as First Officers. Pilots who are selected for our Airbus A300/A310 fleet can expect eventual conversion to our new A330-200 aircraft. Emirates offers an exceptional opportunity for ambitious pilots to develop their careers on one of the youngest high tech fleets in one of the most rapidly expanding airlines in the world. Requirements: - a minimum of 2500 hours total flying time, - a minimum of 1000 hours multi-crew, multi-engined jet aircraft experience, - ICAO ATPL, - experience commensurate with age. Applicants must be 39 years or less at the time of application and not likely to be older than 40 at the time of employment. All positions are permanent and based in Dubai, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the Middle East, well known for its wealth of fantastic shopping, sporting opportunities and a wonderful social life. Our attractive remuneration package includes a tax free salary of UAE Dhs 16040 with annual increments, fully furnished accommodation (including utilities), health cover with a premium paid for family members, education assistance for both primary and secondary level, provident fund and other benefits associated with the travel industry. If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply, please download the pilot application form our web site and post it to the Assistant Recruitment Manager - Flight Operations.

on the glide
17th Jun 2000, 05:04
Capt Fluck,

Is there any chance,If I don't
have a multi-crew experience yet?,
but I got around 2050 hours of
Turbo fan jet EFIS time?,besides
turbo prop hours.
Thanking you in advance.

Complex Toggle Switch
17th Jun 2000, 16:01
I had heard the age limit had been increased to 48. Is this so?

Cobber
17th Jun 2000, 22:22
Apparently so..refer to this thread
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/Forum1/HTML/008427.html

Skybiter
22nd Jun 2000, 00:12
Capt. Fluck

Commercial Licence
3000 hours
Time on Medium Category as F/O 1000 hrs

Any chance of qualifying?

Many thanks for the information.

Skybiter

skip
22nd Jun 2000, 01:27
Capt By Night,

Thanks for the info, any chance the jet time requirement maybe reduced in the future? Have all the requirements including UAE ATPL, but a bit short on jet hours.

Shokran.

DownIn3Green
22nd Jun 2000, 15:48
Big ad today regarding this on the Climb to FL350 website. Age 48 is correct.

Farquaynell
23rd Jun 2000, 06:56
Downin3green
Do you have an address for this site?

Thanks

DownIn3Green
23rd Jun 2000, 09:08
Far,

http://www.climbto350.com

[This message has been edited by DownIn3Green (edited 23 June 2000).]

Fluckbynight
23rd Jun 2000, 10:28
This is an updated version with the new age limit, and sorry I don't have any other information, just passing this info. on.
EMIRATES (Boeing 777, A300/310/330 First Officers)
P.O. Box 7054, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Tel: no calls
Fax: none
Email: [email protected]
Web Site: http://www.ekgroup.com/recruitment/docs/Pilot.doc
The award-winning international airline of the United Arab Emirates, wishes to recruit the following professionals. Men and women to join our Boeing 777, Airbus A330 and Airbus A300/310 fleets as First Officers. Pilots who are selected for our Airbus A300/310 fleet can expect eventual conversion to our new A330-200 aircraft. The phasing out of the A300/A310 aircraft is expected to be completed in 2002 leaving Emirates with one of the youngest fleets of wide- bodied aircraft in the world. The pilots we seek will be dedicated professionals with highly developed team and communication skills and a desire to provide outstanding customer service. Emirates offers an exceptional opportunity for ambitious pilots to develop their careers on one of the youngest high tech fleets in the world. We are a rapidly expanding airline with promotion to Captain amongst the quickest in the industry. You must have: . A minimum of 2500 hours total flying time . A minimum of 1000 hours turbo jet time . Multi-crew, multi-engined jet aircraft experience . ICAO ATPL . Experience commensurate. with age. Applicants must be under 48 years of age at 31 December 2000. If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply, please download an application form at http://www.ekgroup.com/ recruitment/docs/ Pilot.doc Your resumé, summarised on one sheet of A4 paper, together with the completed application form should be e-mailed as attachments to [email protected] The subject heading for your email should be FO/FI - Full Name. Head of Flight Operations (Ref. HFO/Fl) The successful applicant will be expected to ensure the safe, legal and efficient operation of Emirates aircraft to support the commercial requirements of the airline. By establishing and maintaining good working relationships within the Airline, the Head of Flight Operations will need to have a detailed understanding of commercial, route and infrastructure so that Flight Operations can meet the objectives in a safe and cost effective manner. Applications are invited from high calibre airline industry professionals who possess acute analytical decision making abilities and team leadership skills coupled with developed professional knowledge and financial awareness. The successful candidate should have: . Minimum of fifteen years experience in the field of Flight Operations, of which five years should have been in a senior managerial capacity . A management degree from a recognised university . Although not required to fly, a current ATPL or one that was valid not more than 14 months ago is required If you are interested, please send a fully detailed resumé, preferably by email to: The Recruitment Manager These positions for Pilots and Head of Flight Operations are based in Dubai, the most cosmopolitan of Arabian Gulf cities well known for its high standard of living and leisure facilities. We offer an attractive tax-free salary, fully furnished accommodation, education assistance, medical and other benefits associated with the airline industry. (Ref. Climbto350.com)

Skybiter
23rd Jun 2000, 11:52
Thanks for the info. Guess I'll just have to keep knocking on doors. Someday...

Agaricus bisporus
25th Jun 2000, 02:46
Advancement to Capt amongst the quickest...

Just how quick is that? Any ideas?

Is it dead mans shoes, or do the better qualified get there first?

Info much appreciated.

ironbutt57
29th Jun 2000, 00:08
by order of seniority on the type of equipment you are hired into. seems to be about two years

Agaricus bisporus
29th Jun 2000, 02:49
Tinbum, thanks.

Mush

Cobber
11th Jul 2000, 14:36
Hey Fluckbynight, is it true that you would only work for EK if you could get a direct entry command?

Fluckbynight
12th Jul 2000, 10:33
At the moment, yes.

Cobber
12th Jul 2000, 13:59
Assuming that you meet the required standard, could you enlighten us as to why you would only accept a DE command and not an F/O position with Emirates?

[This message has been edited by Cobber (edited 12 July 2000).]

Fluckbynight
23rd Jul 2000, 19:28
Hi Cobber,
Sorry that its taken so long to reply but your abusive comments on another thread made me remember that you had asked this question, thought I had better answer it before you became really rude!!!
The answer is of course money. I would have to take a large paycut to take a job as an EK F/O, thats with no guarantee that a command will be forthcoming in 2 years, but if it did happen it would then take another 4/5 years to get back to where I am now. But in 10/15 years I would probably be better off in EK, but thats an awfull long time to wait. I turned down an interveiw with them about 5 years ago [bad move], and if I had been lucky enough to get the job I still would not be any better off with them than I am with my present employer, but again in the long term I probably would have been.However if I went in as a Captain the monetary pain would be less and I would be ahead much sooner.
Hope that this helps.

alatus
24th Jul 2000, 02:52
Could someone answer a question or two?
I just recently emailed my details to Emirates and received an Email back saying if I were to be contacted for an interview it would be within five weeks. What is the reality, sooner rather than later? I have other opportunities but would really like to work for Emirates, but "a bird in the hand..."
What are my chance for an interview? 7500 hr.TT, command on B727, B737-2, G2, G3, LR-JET and CE500 series, Glass on corporate jets.

Thanks

CaptDane
18th Aug 2000, 17:14
Have u gotten the interview yet?
I got a letter back saying...We'll call U!!(later)..this was i april...still waiting!
TT5500 FO767/PICF50

wonderbusdriver
19th Aug 2000, 00:19
Try calling - or email - and ask, if you should update your application (e.g. flying time...) since it´s been over 6 months now, blablabla.
Be very polite (as always) and patient and don´t "pressure" anybody - just show, that you are still interested without sounding desperate.
They still want/need pilots for 777 and 330!

While you´re waiting, check out the book "culture shock - united arab emirates" (isbn 1-55868-300-3) - will make you think good/hard about leaving beautiful cph .
And don´t forget to build "possibilities" in your current company in the meantime.

Like the man says: "Life is a rollercoaster, just gotta ride it..."

(I´ll tell you how my interview went - at the latest in 6 weeks...)

CaptDane
19th Aug 2000, 11:08
Danke schöen Wonderbusdriver...

Called them today. Told me to be patient. Guess I'll just do that. I'd be really happy to hear about your experience.
I was in Dubai 2 wek ago....I could live there!
See 'ya :)

Mach None
20th Aug 2000, 03:17
Does anyone know what the EK pay is like beyond the first year? How about the captain pay and per diem too? Thanx

Metroboy
21st Aug 2000, 07:07
Speaking of pay, I logged on to the EK website recently and noted the pay for a first year FO was 16040 DH? (can't remember the currency!) per month, with annual increments.

This amounts to around US$4500 pcm.

I had previously been under the impression the figures were greater than that.

Can anyone please enlighten me? Is this just the base pay? What can you expect as a total for a reasonable month's flying? And, as stated above, what are the annual increments like?

------------------
Airline Pilots...proving beggars CAN be choosers!!!

fatter bloke
21st Aug 2000, 15:21
Metroboy i would think that 4500pcm is a good salary for a first year F/O. If you can get more where you are stay there. Can anyone settle an arguement for me, Do Emirates employ female pilots. I say they dont but my mate reckons they do, please settle this some of you GUYS in the know
Cheers

Nite_Flite
21st Aug 2000, 15:22
Well you got to see it as a package deal. free housing, taxfree pension plan, medical school for your children. 16040 dirams is the pay. Per diem is not very much. salary increases 3% yearly.

JoeCo
21st Aug 2000, 21:48
Alatus,

I tried to e-mail you, but I figure that isn't the correct address or it's not current.

I was wondering how you got that type of time. I would really like to get into the corporate side of the industry.

I understand your from the "Cold North", so am I, and as wondering if you had any leads or suggestions. Maybe it's just a case of right place, right time (location and hours), but I hope you could clarify it a little more.

Any luck on the job search in the Middle East. I'd like to work in the area one day, looks as if I'm still a little shy on the requirements.

Best of Luck and any help would be appreciated.

Metroboy
23rd Aug 2000, 03:03
Thank you Nite_Flite for your information.

And thank you fatter bloke for the cheap shot! It was so predictable that someone would answer a reasonable question in that type of ridiculous manner. I would've thought as a pilot, you would laud a person for taking the opportunity to fully research a course of action before diving headlong into it. After all, it is a huge decision to travel half way around the world with little or no prospect of returning to your home country in the medium term. Under such circumstances, I'm sure you would understand my intention to undertake a detailed cost-benefit analysis.

Perhaps you are the type who hunts these pages, seeking the slightest opportunity to censure users who dare to speak in a manner that doesn't accord with whatever archaic attitudes you champion. The type who seizes upon spelling mistakes or typos with a cry of "people who can't spell have no place in aviation!!!"

Now Mr fatter bloke, you may be of the "you should be happy with what you've got son" mentality, ie "in my day, we flew 3000 hours per year for 5 cents per hour after walking 10 miles at 4 am in the freezing cold, etc, etc." However, I will leave that domain to you. After many difficult years, we are now entering an era characterised by a vibrant and dynamic market for pilots, to a degree which may not have been replicated in history. And I fully intend to exploit that market to ensure I secure the best opportunity, for the sake of myself AND my family. If this means fully researching any possible course of action and asking questions which offend your somewhat warped sensitivities, then so be it!

Thank you.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Metroboy (edited 22 August 2000).]

fatter bloke
23rd Aug 2000, 14:17
Metroboy,
I was not having a go at you. i simply stated that if its money you are after and you can get more with your present employer then stick with him.
I am not sure of salary in the uk. but here in oz a 7year FO on 737/767 is on maybe 6000AUS PCM. So i think that is a good salary for a first year FO on heavy jets. Good luck with your application and if you get in and travel to Australia send me an e-mail and i will buy you a beer.

Metroboy
24th Aug 2000, 04:42
That's OK Mr FB. Sounds like we've both suffered by not understanding the other's context. Money is definitely not all I'm interested in - there was just an inconsistency between what I read on the website and what I have seen mentioned on the pprune.

Btw, I am already in Australia, perhaps even working for the same operator as you! And it would take a lot for me to pack up and leave. But every option is worth exploring, I guess.

Keep well.

------------------

Vee Dee Gee
24th Aug 2000, 10:45
FB,
no female pilots here at EK.

Very Damn Good

MileHi
27th Aug 2000, 11:57
There are currently no female aviators at EK.

Jopa
27th Aug 2000, 21:07
For you guys out there at EK, could somebody detail a little on the living. I know the house is free and furnished but for example, how big is it (m²). For those who have family with them, what are the activities available? Is there some kind of expats-friendship group?

alatus
29th Aug 2000, 00:35
Last month I emailed my EK application in and
was sent back an email stating if don't hear anything within 5 weeks I was unsuccessful.
Is this normally the case (5 weeks). I have been hearing from other sources that 3 months is more like it. Any insight would be appreciated. Just allitle info on me to see if I would be a good candidate ATPL, 7500 Hrs
Rated with command on B727, B737, G2, G3, LR-JET and CE500 series, also rated B747.
Just past the five week mark, I am wondering if there is still a chance. I never sent in the the application through the regular mail, Should I have?

Thanks!

Bypass
29th Aug 2000, 14:13
Sent mine in some 6 weeks ago...

Nothing???
TT6000 Command
Jet1000 Command

Must be on the mins.....??
Nothin heavy.....yet, trying for that first one.....

------------------
Anything as long as it doesn't have props!

Samuel Adams
30th Aug 2000, 18:53
I sent them my CV (11500 TT, 3800 MD-11 Captain)a few months ago, and received a polite letter (via snail mail) telling me that I'm too old for hiring, by a margin of a few months. Do you think that EK will have to revise their age limits again, or they are getting enough experienced candidates below 48 years of age?

Nite_Flite
30th Aug 2000, 20:36
I got my EK letter in April. I had applied before the fameous add in Flight.
"Dear Sir. ..bla, bla please update every 6 months. " Since then I e-mailed the downloaded applicationform in June, and flew to Dubai in august to hand deliever an update......and I haven't heard anything either...so I'll just be waiting.

5500TT 1000 PIC 2500 767

Bob the Builder
2nd Sep 2000, 16:43
Be patient...I'm sure they'll get to everyone but they are really busy! The recruitment is is full swing and is pretty efficient when you realise that so many people are applying.
Don't panic- they'll get to you.
Good Luck!

Nite_Flite
3rd Sep 2000, 14:42
Obrigado, amigo!!
How many are they looking for?..at my age 39, I don't want to be the last to be hired, and sit RHS for 10 years..

RRC767
3rd Sep 2000, 18:42
Nite_Flite I've heard everething from 2 to 7 years before upgrading to capt. Figuring that in my current position as 1st off 767 in Brazil, in 7 years I wud still be a 737 capt(with some luck in todays market). EK will only be flying B777/A330/A340's, so I think it's still a good trade over. I've applied about 3 weeks ago and they confirmed receipt of my papers. The msg tells pilots to wait for about 8 weeks when they will tell you your situation in the process (accepeted or not). Good luck to both of us.
By the way I have an email in my profile page if u want to get in touch

brownoser
4th Sep 2000, 23:51
Before you think about coming out here to the Middle East do consider the local laws and customs in the UAE. Emirates employs pilots as workers and many of the pre-employment facts fail to point out the other aspects of living and working in the Gulf. Before you get serious about working here make sure you get some info regarding the local laws and customs....I am sure that the people you ask will understand what I mean.