View Full Version : Where to go for B737ng T/R.

The Big Easy
2nd Apr 2008, 19:10
Hi all,

Simple question, best place in Europe for a self sponsored B737ng Type Rating?

Ta.

Night_fr8
2nd Apr 2008, 19:41
To be honest, unless you have a job to go to afterwards "Don't Do It".
If you are told get a TR and its easier to get employed don't believe them.
Should you get the offer of a rating plus hours on type that might have some credibility with a future employer, but a TR on its own is a no no.

If you want advice call GECAT(Now Oxford Aviation Academy) or Alteon flight training, I am sure that they can help.

Good Luck !!!

A and C
2nd Apr 2008, 20:20
NOT inclement weather !

coodem
2nd Apr 2008, 20:56
I don't think a TR without hours on type will help you get a job, even less so if you havn't completed line training. Most companies want newbie pilots to train at one of their approved centers.

Just my 2c

Mercenary Pilot
2nd Apr 2008, 21:09
if you havn't completed line training

Out of interest, do some of you guys actually know what line training really is, what its for, who has to do it and when it's done?

Because it doesn't sound like it.

:cool:

coodem
2nd Apr 2008, 21:15
I was under the impression its the "so many sectors", and "so many hours" of flying that was done on type after type rating. Done under the supervision of a training captain.

Is this not correct?

Mercenary Pilot
2nd Apr 2008, 21:31
Line training is done when you join a new airline, getting used to the their Standard Operating Procedures, Routes, Paperwork etc.

So whether your a new hire F/O or a Direct Entery Captain with 10,000 hours on type, you will still be required to go through a period of line training at your new airline before completing a final line check and being released on the line.

I know where the misconceptions come from but don't be fooled by these "500 hour line training schemes", a pilot who needs that much "training" cant be much good! It's just paying to fly.

Hope this clears it up. :ok:

pilot3103
4th Apr 2008, 13:10
Hello everyone, i have just managed to get a job with Ryanair, i know i have to pay for the type rating, but does anyone know if there is any insurance to get to cover your arse just if anything does go wrong??

Any help much appreciated, thanks a lot
Chris :ok:

ford cortina
5th Apr 2008, 09:42
You can get loss of license insurance, balpa do it as do others.
However if you want insurance in case you get dropped by Ryanair before finishing the Type Rating after paying your money, which is NON REFUNDERBLE, then no I don't believe there is such a scheme. SO work hard and don't cock it up