PDA

View Full Version : Magneto overhauls

Chopper Doc Junior
2nd Apr 2008, 10:08
Ok with the sad demise of CSE Oxford we are now in the position of needing a new compnay to repair and overhaul magnetos for lycoming helicopter engines. Who do other people use and is there anyone out there that does as good a job as CSE used to?

stevef
2nd Apr 2008, 17:49
Check PMs, ChopperDoc.

B727
3rd Apr 2008, 16:44
Has CSE gone under ?

Chopper Doc Junior
4th Apr 2008, 06:57
As far as I am aware the engineering and maintenance side of the business was shut either just before or just after xmas. They still have a sales and training operation as far as I am aware.

ericferret
4th Apr 2008, 18:22
Multiflight at Leeds

smarthawke
4th Apr 2008, 19:42
Also IAE at Cranfield.

CSE have gone totally. Flying training was sold off some time back, sales now part of Patriot (Cranfield). Patriot were to buy CSE (engineering and sales) but deal fell through apparently to a lack of agreement over the buildings at Kidlington.

still-learning
6th Apr 2008, 20:08
Try CFS at Coventry, I heard they look after Atlantiques so should cater for most types.

NutLoose
7th Apr 2008, 10:40
IAE at Cranfield, Colin Stapleton and John Belamy, can't fault them and a good price too.

NutLoose
7th Apr 2008, 10:43
Yep CSE has gone, indeed CSP the sold off stores part is going too, it's being transferred down to join up with Piper UK as PIPER Germany owns them both, so they are rationalising both companies into one building............ or so I am told