View Full Version : Emirates near crash

Big Kahuna
4th Apr 2001, 02:54
Does anyone have any info on the near crash of a A310 at DXB. I believe it was kept very quite. An ex Dragon Air Captain had to save the day.

Ta.

411A
4th Apr 2001, 04:53
Another "junior" Brit captain perhaps?

7x7
5th Apr 2001, 08:07
Jeeeez. 411A, get a bloody life. You've proven repeatedly on other threads you don't have clue what's going on in the real world. Don't prove it again here by prattling on about something you know absolutely nothing about.

And no, it wasn't a junior Brit captain.

411A
5th Apr 2001, 09:34
7x7-
Have watched junior guys make fools of themselves with their "macho attitude" in aircraft on many occasions, NO reason to believe it will stop anytime soon.

MileHi
7th Apr 2001, 11:30
Big K,

I don't know where you got the info from, but it is incorrect. An incident involving an EK A310 happened about a year ago in which the ships Capt did a great job of saving the day. The only other incident was a B777 throwing a few engine blades on Take Off down under about a month ago.

...And I suppose 411A will now say that it is due to the young ENGINEERS and their macho ego's they have at Emirates, and that they should really employ Direct Entry Captains to solve this problem of engines throwing blades! :rolleyes:

comeflywithme
7th Apr 2001, 22:17
Mile Hi
I couldnt have said it better!!