View Full Version : New Plane Orders

ramiyns
2nd Apr 2008, 04:25
It's Boeing this time.

Latest about Plane orders came from MAS Malaysian Airline System
Some 50 Aircrafts valued up to 4 b USD.

Another ordre came from Irak, 55 Aircraft valued up to 5.9b USD.
But no mention for which Airline, Ist Irak Airways or other outfit.
This order include some Candian made Aircraft.

More orders more demand for pilots.

SamAustralia
2nd Apr 2008, 12:42
Iraq will buy around 40 plane with 10 more as option..

The thing I know people who used to work for Iraqi airways when it was the biggest in Middle east before the emerging Qatar Airways, Emirates, Etihad and others.. what they told me is, many Iraqi experienced pilots left the country either after 1990 war or after 2003... Also when the airline used to fly to many destinations they had only 18 planes..

The delivery will start this year( im assuming this will be leased) and will continue till 2019)... They Iraqi government TV said that order is B737 and B787 which I dont think it would be the case anyway... but we will wait and see..

SamAustralia
2nd Apr 2008, 12:56
Boeing's Statement on Iraqi Government's Fleet Selection
SEATTLE, March 31, 2008 -- Boeing and the government of Iraq have signed an agreement in Baghdad for the purchase of 30 Next-Generation 737s and 10 787 Dreamliners. The order will be booked and added to Boeing's Orders & Deliveries Web site upon completion of the final contractual terms of the agreement.
###

SamAustralia
10th May 2008, 13:23
Last week Boeing has confirmed the order of 30 B737-800 and an option for an extra 10 is also included in the contract.

But I cant fine information regarding the delivery time. But with such size of order 30 * 737-800 what would be the delivery time you think?

Thanks

spierpoint jones
11th May 2008, 16:41
What Iraq didn't order any Airbus.? Quelle surprize.....mon ami

jones:ok:

SamAustralia
11th May 2008, 16:44
No, not at this stage.

boiler
12th May 2008, 04:57
If I am not mistaken, they have paid for a number of A300s ages ago but were never delivered to them due to sanctions.

SamAustralia
12th May 2008, 05:00
Greeting boilermaker

Yes you are correct, but I'm yet to hear any update on that contract. Iraqi airways has lots of work to do. What used to be the leading airline in the middle east is nothing but a new company now. So lots of work ahead of them..

Cheers