PDA

View Full Version : Netjet Europe Salary scales

The Gem
1st Apr 2008, 20:08
Hello all,

This is my first post so go easy if this informtaion is already here - I am struggling to find it though!

I am currently looking into applying to the cadet scheme, but what I am interested in is what the salary scales are for Netjets Europe. Obviously money is not everything, but I currently earn a lot in another industry and what to have a relaistic expectation of what I might achieve in a new career with Netjets (of course assuming I get accepted etc!). I am aware on what they start on etc, but how quickly does the slary increase and when might you expect command strating from a cadet level.

Many thanks, i look forward to getting some info!

Gem

blablablafly
2nd Apr 2008, 07:29
Maybe an idea to read the NetJets website before applying..... http://www.netjetseurope.com/data/eng/popup_benefits.html:rolleyes:

The Gem
2nd Apr 2008, 08:03
If you read my question properly :ugh:I state that I know what they start on etc - but was after a bit more information on how quickly the salary goes up (ie. is it just by inflation or is there more to it). Also asked about time to command, again, its not on the site.

Anyone got any info on this who isnt going to send me a sarky post?:ok:

bman0429
2nd Apr 2008, 08:33
try here:
http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/factfile.php?id=s37af5kkt7wwbrenn4vkpephbh1mt7j6yh738ecpay9b bhmp76w

regards
Bman

EatMyShorts!
2nd Apr 2008, 08:36
Hello Gem,

all the information that you are looking for can be found in the huge Netjets-thread in this forum.

To line out the basic stuff:
* salary does _NOT_ increase except for the OECD inflation-index adjustment. Mind you, this is not an increase but just an adjustment. There will be nothing like seniority-increase of your salary.
* only when you upgrade, your salary will jump up and then it will again stay exactly the same forever, except for the adjustment of the OECD inflation-index.
* Upgrade? Who knows! You will certainly need a minimum of 3000 hours total time, normally we fly about 400 to 500 hours per year, make the calculation for yourself. Then you still will have to pass the uprade-assessment and there will be assessments only if we _need_ commanders at that point in time, NJE will not be growing for ever at the present rate.

Details can be found in the big thread, have a good read through.

I also have to say that you should try to be nicer to people here, your answer to blablablafly was not really nice!!! He pointed you into the right direction, because part of what you asked for is written there!!!
Notes: Salaries increase by OECD inflation each January 1 a pilot is with the company. All salaries for crew members of similar tenure are equal regardless of fleet assignment or gateway city. You will receive 100% of your basic salary when you start your employment with NetJets. Upon upgrade to Captain (PIC) you will immediately receive the full PIC salary.

south coast
2nd Apr 2008, 09:02
The Gem, looking at your spelling from your last two threads, it might be a while before you upgrade!

Perhaps you should stay in your well paid job as your quick rudeness ( :ugh: ) is not a characteristic I would like to spend six days with.

The Gem
2nd Apr 2008, 10:45
Eatmyshorts - thanks for information, it clarifies a few things which is a little ambiguous on the netjets site. Just the info I was looking for.

Regarding my reply to blablablafly, yes maybe it was a little short, I get frustrated with some peoples (not all!) attitudes on forums (this and others) and sarcastic one-liners which don’t really help and get your hopes up that you have useful information waiting for you. Blablablafly – I apologise for taking my forum etiquette frustrations out on you if your intentions were actually good.

South cost – thanks for your coaching and concern but I have to point out that people using forums / blogs and other similar forms of communications tend to have a relaxed approach to spelling and grammar so I doubt this would hinder my career much. I would also not want to question your personality based on a few forum postings but as for rudeness – practice what you preach, kettle black, I could go on.

Anyway, I don’t want this forum to turn into a mud slinging session. Peace everyone and sorry for any offence.

PPRuNeUser0215
2nd Apr 2008, 11:28
Anyway, I don’t want this forum to turn into a mud slinging session.
Unless we are talking about naked ladies in a rubber pool ;)

As for Cadets upgrading, I still wonder if any will ever make it... Not because of their abilities which I am sure they have plenty but simply because it might take too long to get the hours. I feel many will get bored when they will have clocked 300 to 400 hours a year.
Starting with 200 hours, you will 7 years and if you fly as much as me, 8 and half years flying RHS on Bravo, a 400 (no offense guys ;)).
Doesn't sound too bad I guess but how about when the cadets will have compared their career with other cadets who have gone to an airline. These airline guys will be Captains in no time compared to our future colleagues...
And they will have probably the chance to try themselves at different companies, aircrafts (bigger ones).
I know very well that it is not about size but for guys who have never done very much in the industry, the appeal for the Big A and B (Airbus, Boeing) will be very strong.
So 7 years to upgrade on a plane like a Bravo (yep even if you have started on the 7X) seems like a very average prospect.
Personally, if I understand the system well, cadets kind own their own debt when they enter NJE so I would not be surprised to see them going before a "potential" upgrade.

I don't discuss the fact that not everyone wants to fly the big stuff (Got the T Shirt) but it is easy when you are new in the industry to convince yourself that you will never care about money, holidays, how big is your aeroplane etc... As long as you have a flying job.

Then after a while and Your reality settles.... Then, only then you know what you really want. I have found my type of flying in GA rather than the airlines but if I had done it the other way round, I m not sure, in fact I am pretty sure, I would have gone to an airline to find out what it was all about.

On a different note, I look forward to meeting our cadets.

The Gem
2nd Apr 2008, 12:03
Thanks for the post AMEX.

So assuming career goes to plan in terms of performance and business need you could get to Captain in:

Finish cadet scheme with 200h then to hit min 3000h it would take 7 years after starting flying with them at 400h per year (for arguement sake) with nothing more than OECD related salary adjustments.

Seems quite poor (salary) as in most industries and I would assume airlines your salary increases as you gain experience and become more valuable rather than just adjusts in line with inflation.

I can see why a number of people might be discouraged by the points you make AMEX. How easy is it to change from flying biz jets to and Airbus / Boeing should you wish to change later in your career, or is the swap easier the other way.

If i am going to invest a lot of money and make personal sacrifices I want to know the full picture which I can really only get from experenced chaps like yourselves. I really like the look of the Netjet cadet scheme but want to know I am making the right decision.

Thanks all.

MorningGlory
2nd Apr 2008, 12:40
South Coast or should I say BryyOn :} Hows it going? Hows JetNets? ps dont have a go at my spellin I couldnt affords me privet edducacion..:}

PPRuNeUser0215
2nd Apr 2008, 15:11
The Gem

I do not know for sure how easy it is to move from this sector of the industry to the airlines as I have done it the other way around but given that quite a few NJE guys are moving to the airlines and that our SOP culture is getting stronger, I do not see it as a problem.
It all depends with age vs hours... Life experience... and the big one, the job market when you decide to move across.

Although it is possible that this thread belongs more in the wannabes section, I would say NJE sponsorship gives you a paid job rather than nothing (if you go the "fully self sponsored way".
So if I had the money and I was accepted by any sponsorship scheme AND flying for a living was really what I have always wanted to do (my case so I never gave it much thought) then I would get on the programme.

Once you have a licence, a job and a few hours, you can decide what really suits you best. To be fair, until then you have little if any choice. Planning is good but once you have been in the industry long enough (at least one downturn to qualify ;)), you will realise how fragile this industry is. How fragile and how one should always go for the job first and do the thinking next. I always compare it to musical chairs... All sounds good til the music stops. Then you better be seated because a 10 years wait to get a job when you have no hours is not that rare. 3 to 5 fairly common...

I tend to take things step by step in a dynamic environment such as ours.
Worked out for me but I have no idea what tomorrow is made of. Only thing I know is that I m fairly well connected and I have no more debts. Freedom to bounce back tomorrow on a light piston if I have to.

Don't take my post for gospel though. It is important to realise that we all have done it in various ways and what works for one might not work for the other one. You to decide and make your choices.

My opinion as far as you and the NJE sponsorship is concerned. Go and apply. See how far it takes you. Then you will have a better idea of what to do.

The Gem
2nd Apr 2008, 15:43
AMEX - thanks for the words of wisdom and encouragement. I know what its like to be in an industry that seems to peak and trough as am in one at the moment… stability is something I never seem to get.

One other question if you don’t mind – how much choice would a cadet get in which a/c you fly once they start at NJE. Would much prefer long haul but can you go straight into that or do you start short haul and work your way up? Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but looking for up do date opinions / information.

I will apply and see what happens, as it could all be a mute point if I don’t get accepted anyway... If I’m lucky I have to work out how to tell my wife that she needs to sub me for the next 16 months and I’m giving up my current salary :mad:. That'll be an interesting conversation!! Wish me luck.

orangedriver
2nd Apr 2008, 15:54
No choice of fleet, they'll put you where they have a need at that particular time. Looking at other posts here, the ac type you have been assigned to COULD change during initial INDOC training as well.

eiefkei
2nd Apr 2008, 16:39
Hi all,
it's not completely true that the cadets can't choose their airplanes. The first two NJ cadets of every course @ OAA have the possibility to choose between the Hawker 400 - 800 or Citation Bravo - Excel.

Flintstone
2nd Apr 2008, 17:17
So cadets get preferential treatment over experienced new hires? I suppose that's the difference between handing over £60,000 and not.:rolleyes:

jetopa
3rd Apr 2008, 10:01
I know there aren't many 'Krauts' around here, but is there any NJE-driver in this forum who resides in Germany? What's the take-home pay for you and how do German tax authorities accept the Portugese flat-tax model?

Looking very much forward to your reply... Thanks.

The Gem
3rd Apr 2008, 10:50
Good question - I would be interested in how HMRC treat UK based pilots as well please, especially the per diems and E20k 'tax free' loan payment aspect.

Any Uk based pilots willing to share take home salary?

Flintstone
3rd Apr 2008, 11:50
The Gem.

Just how much research have you done on Netjets? How many of the old and current threads have you read?

PPRuNeUser0215
3rd Apr 2008, 12:12
I think we don't mind being helpful Gem but more or less everything you ask is either here http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=301072 (in the wannabe section)

or here http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27664
(on this forum, all 8 pages of it and there is probably a lot more)

All sorts of views, experiences, clever comments, dumb ones as well, pretty much telling you everything there is to know about NJE.

So do some research because I won't bother answering your questions in this thread anymore. I thought your question about upgrade and cadets was a fair one although in the wrong forum but please, show you are doing some work. It's only a few clicks away (you don't even need to walk to cover those one ;) ).

Flintstone
3rd Apr 2008, 12:16
I was heading that way too ;)

The Gem
3rd Apr 2008, 12:49
I have read the other threads but there seemed so much cr&p and contradicting posts that I was not sure what to believe, but then you guys starting providing decent information I thought I would push my luck and try and get some up todate answers from people who seemed to know what they were talking about.

Thanks for the help provided so far anyway, much appreciated and i'll not pester / quiz / request help again.

Flintstone
3rd Apr 2008, 16:37
How do you know what's been posted in this thread isn't crap?

I'd have thought that more information would have helped you make a more informed decision. Clearly you haven't read all you say you have otherwise you wouldn't have asked questions that have already been answered ;)

Sprung :E

The Gem
3rd Apr 2008, 19:15
In my line of work the more you ask the same question to different sources in different ways the easier it is to qualify what the right answer might be.

Appologies to state this, but Flinstone you've not contributed hughly to this thread so I dont know where your frustration is coming from. I can understand AMEX's view and he was kind enough to follow up with a PM after explaining himself. Lets keep this thread on track rather than trying to score points ehh? I'm sure ther are others interested in what you chaps in 'the know' have to say.

Flintstone
3rd Apr 2008, 19:58
I've not answered your questions in this thread because I'm pretty certain I've answered just about every permutation of every question about Netjets over the last seven or eight years.

But having read all the old threads you already knew that.

Flintstone
3rd Apr 2008, 21:19
I think those averages may be a little overstated though it's been a year and a half since I worked for Netjets.

I think at most I flew almost 700 hours a year but that was when crewing levels were lower and there was more flying to be had. Someone miscalculated recruitment at NJE recently and now they've more pilots than they need so I'd be surprised if you flew that much. The aircraft owners are flying less too so overall it's quieter.

It will vary from fleet to fleet but at a guess I would say an average of 470 hours pa.

hollingworthp
4th Apr 2008, 02:19
Flintstone

So cadets get preferential treatment over experienced new hires? I suppose that's the difference between handing over £60,000 and not.

It is not preferential treatment for the top cadets from each intake - ALL the cadets will end up on one of the 4 fleets mentioned by eiefkei. I wouldn't like to second guess the reasons for these particular fleets but I can guess.

The ability to select fleet within that pre-selected fleet choice is simply an additional incentive although it could be a difficult decision to make without detailed knowledge of the fleets concerned.

Cheers

Phil.

:ok:

redsnail
4th Apr 2008, 06:43
Ispahan,

Out of those 200 days, you need to also subtract 22 days leave and at least 16 days of ground/SEP and sim recurrents.

You do fly on Days 1 & 6 also, not always though.

The large cabin fleets generally do more hours than the medium and small cabin fleets. I'm on the Hawker and I used to do ~600 hours a year, now it's down to ~400 hours a year. (Less positioning flights)

And to expand on another topic, I am not aware of the cadets being able to choose their fleets but any way, the reason why they're going to the small and medium fleets is to get more sectors. While the larger cabins do more hours, they do less sectors. So if you need 80 sectors to get signed off, that'll take a long time on a G550.

EatMyShorts!
4th Apr 2008, 08:28
Yupp, the best guys/girls of a NJE-course at OAT will have the possibility to choose the fleet they will go to. Obviously, they will ask for the Excel/XLS :ok:

My average over the years in NJE was about 400 to 500 hours per year, not more. At the moment we fly less, must be the recession already. :mad:

Flintstone
4th Apr 2008, 09:08
hollingworthp

I was making the distinction between cadets and experienced new hires. The latter are given no choice whatsoever which is odd when you consider some of their very high experience levels. It's cost them some very good pilots who were not prepared to take the risk of finding out at indoc that after XX,000 hours they were headed for a Bravo.

hollingworthp
4th Apr 2008, 14:00
Flintstone

Fair enough - I just wanted to make it clear that the cadets didn't have free range when picking otherwise that would no doubt be grossly unfair and we would all opt for the 7x or G550's.

Redsnail has highlighted the reasons for the fleet selection which I feel make good sense for v.low hours pilots.

Cheers.

Flintstone
4th Apr 2008, 16:21
we would all opt for the 7x or G550's.

Now that would be fun to watch.

From a distance:E

CL300
5th Apr 2008, 12:04
It will be fun to watch without the cadets....

natops
5th Apr 2008, 21:53
Okay people, to be honest, serious I'm looking forward to meet the first batch in linetraining.

Feel welcome guys and girls from Oxford!

Pink and fluffy, thats what we are! (nowadays)
But then again who gives a f... what I think..!

N.:ok: