PDA

View Full Version : RAF PR Potential

RAFEmployee
1st Apr 2008, 18:29
I know there was a little flame war going on about myself not thinking that pictures suited this part of the forum, however, I feel different now.

I watched this video, thought of you guys and also thought that the guy has RAF PR potential.

What do you think?

www.rcflights.co.uk/Videos1/CadEastWeb.wmv (http://www.rcflights.co.uk/Videos1/CadEastWeb.wmv) by Mark Jaybe from www.fightercontrol.co.uk (http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk)

Op_Twenty
1st Apr 2008, 18:54
Thanks buddy, I normally pass by in the little black ones now and then, lovely video, good find, thanks again.

Been There...
1st Apr 2008, 19:03
150Mb so you may have to wait for it to download!

harrogate
1st Apr 2008, 19:14
150Mb so you may have to wait for it to download!

Only if you live in 2005.

cargosales
1st Apr 2008, 20:21
That's rather a nice little clip - thanks for that RAFEmployee

PR Potential? Umm, yes, maybe... He needs to work on his exposure a bit and he would probably benefit hugely from a much better tripod (avoids those nasty jerks and jolts when panning) There are some very well executed, and some very imaginative, edits in there. I particularly like the Harrier 'coming to a standstill' at 4'36"ish - a really nice combination of motion and still photography :D

The soundtrack is very pleasant if not very challenging from an editing point of view - it would be interesting to see how he deals with rapidly changing viewpoints / shots combined with a fast rock track. In the mid-late 90s, the guys who completely dominated in that field were Videoage. Does anyone remember their 'Display Aircraft Series' with, at the time, revolutionary in-cockpit footage of SU-27, Harrier, Jaguar, MiG-29 etc combined with raw hard rock? Awesome stuff and way ahead of its time :ok:

So, yes he's got potential but he'll need to work at things a bit before he can get the RAF PR people on-side I'd say.

CS

Captain Kirk
1st Apr 2008, 20:41
What a great little compilation! Sadly, I can’t see it being used for RAF PR as it does insist on having AEROPLANES in it!!!

Beatriz Fontana
1st Apr 2008, 20:56
Captain Kirk,

That's no problem. The Royal Navy desk calendar for this year doesn't have an active warship pictured until October!! (Spotted by an ex-RN colleague)

Truckkie
2nd Apr 2008, 12:10
Brilliant video!!!:ok:

Looks like the C-130J guys need to work harder at achieving 250' MSD!!!!

TEEEJ
2nd Apr 2008, 15:32
Mark has done some superb vids. He received that many hits on this video it blew his monthly bandwidth away! On that day, and the following, there was also professional camera crews on both sides of the valley.

TJ

RAFEmployee
2nd Apr 2008, 16:35
Was not aware of it being on youtube.