PDA

View Full Version : Amiri Flight

ojay
1st Jun 2000, 01:56
Does anyone have any information on the Boeing BBJ operation with the Amiri royal Flight?Thanks in advance.

DownIn3Green
1st Jun 2000, 08:35
If you haven't applied me thinks you missed the boat.

ojay
1st Jun 2000, 11:52
I replied at the time the advert came out in Flight,but I haven't heard anything.I am current on the 737,so I hoped I was a plausible applicant.I expect there are a lot of those anyway!Thanks for your response.

mutt
1st Jun 2000, 12:14
I understand that there are 12 BBJ's coming to operators in the ME. So there should be some interesting opportunities.

Shanwick Shanwick
1st Jun 2000, 13:10
Does anyone know Peter Head out there?

DownIn3Green
1st Jun 2000, 22:46
Anyone wanting to work in Dahran (probably the best place to be if you have to be in Saudi) should contact ARAMCO in Houston. BBJ oportunities there.

Conky Joe
1st Jun 2000, 23:56
Ahem - can I ask, politely of course, how a bloke from Naples, Florida can know which is the best place in Saudi to live? On a relative scale, Jeddah has a lot going for it, hasn't it Mutt?! :)

(Sorry ojay - no help to you really apart from if you end up here, Dhahran is NOT the only place to live!)

Desert Rat
2nd Jun 2000, 01:41
The hosties at Amiriflight are pretty awesome!!!!!!

___D-Rat______________________

DownIn3Green
2nd Jun 2000, 05:44
Conky,

Ahem, yes you may ask. I spent 2 and a half years based in RUH, (positivley NOT the best place to live) flying 2 different private VIP A/C on 2 separate contracts. As such, I was fortunate to be out of the Kingdom the majority of the time. (just checked my logbook, 32 days total in the Kingdom in 1997)

I agree that Jeddah is miles better than RUH, and the nights I've stayed there (Red Sea Palace) were very nice. I'm sure if you have a good compound and maybe a job that allows you in and out on a regular basis it's totally liveable.

But you'll notice that I didn't state that Dahran was the best place, only probably. And in the case of the ARAMCO contract, I think it would, as the 737 drivers will be home every night, never straying far from home.

So, in my opinion, if I was stuck in Saudi on a 5 days on/2 days off schedule, I'd want to be next to the bridge to Bahrain for my off days. That's all I meant.

Once again, if I had a job like my old ones, I'd rather be in Jeddah.

By the way, have you heard of anyone needing a 727 Captain over there?

Cheers.

mutt
2nd Jun 2000, 13:28
Yep DI3G, SAMCO are looking for a 727 driver, read their ad on www.climbto350.com (http://www.climbto350.com) a couple of days ago.

If you do get back you can buy a beer for Conky and I....

Conky Joe
2nd Jun 2000, 17:47
Downin3Green

OK! You are perfectly entitled to form a judgement of where is 'probably' best. And SUCH a polite answer. :) The bashing that's been going on in other forums of late made me a bit wary of asking the question and then reading any reply! Also, I had forgotten (how could I?!) the handy little bridge to beer that Dhahran has - Jeddah would be nigh on perfect if we had one of those! :)

Shanwickx2

Would a Philip Head do?

CJ2

DownIn3Green
2nd Jun 2000, 19:35
utt,

Thanks for that. SAMCO was my last employer in Saudi. Excellent a/c, a 100 with -15 engines, only one in the world. Built in late 1972, it was one of the last off the line.

Also, VP reg, so no hassles with you know who.

I left them incidently when my wife had our son. Always loved that job, guess I'll give em a call.

DownIn3Green
2nd Jun 2000, 19:40
Mutt,

Thanks for that. SAMCO was my last employer in Saudi. Excellent a/c, a 100 with -15 engines, only one in the world. Built in late 1972, it was one of the last off the line.

Also, VP reg, so no hassles with you know who.

I left them incidently when my wife had our son. Always loved that job, guess I'll give em a call.