PDA

View Full Version : Benavia SA

Twin Otter
29th May 2000, 21:08
Any work for a Twin Otter pilot ? or does any one have information about Benavia SA and Zimex or any other company which operates DHC-6.

rocketman
31st May 2000, 11:00
There is a twin otter in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Try Jetaviation in Riyadh.

ExSimGuy
31st May 2000, 11:52
There's a company in Riyadh, who I thought were "Jet Airlines" who have one or 2 737s, but I haven't seen an Otter. Rocketman maybe knows better though.

There's also an Exec Jet company in JED who I am told have aircraft "Gulfstream size" - whatever that means!

email if I can be of any further assistance!

ESG

DownIn3Green
31st May 2000, 16:07
Al-Atheer Est, aka Saudi Special flts operates a couple of DO-228's out of somewhere in the middle of the desert. Not something you'd probably want, but recruitment used to be through Brookfield.

mutt
31st May 2000, 22:56
DI3G.

The last time that i checked, Saudi Special Flights were a part of Saudia. Has this changed?

Aramco operated Otters and may still do.

THRSRSRWY
31st May 2000, 23:09
If I'm not Mistaken, I've seen non-Canadians flying the Twin Otters (on floats) for Maldivian Air Taxi out of Male, Maldives. I think they are operated by Kenn Borek Air, Calgary, Canada. Good luck buddy, flying the Twin Otters were lots of fun.

DownIn3Green
1st Jun 2000, 08:28
Mutt,

You are correct, however, the 727 I was flying, HZ-OCV (wonder where it is broken down this time?) ie-Hanger/Ramp Queen, was connected to a group of people called Al-Atheer Establishment. My ID said "Saudi Special Flight, but I can tell you it was a "Royal" operation of the most SeCIAret kind. These are the guys who have the Dorniers for desert ops.

Cheers...did my year there then moved to a civilized a/c for a private owner. Loved every minute of that one.

mutt
2nd Jun 2000, 13:24
DI3G,

The plot thickens, OCV is listed as a Saudia aircraft through special flight, as I'm sure you know, its even in the old company colours. Interesting.......

Where u involved in the gear down ferry to Europe?

Were u JED or RUH based?

DownIn3Green
2nd Jun 2000, 19:16
Gear Down ferry to Basel. Yes, I was. Do we know each other?

After I left this plane, it was sent to Dallas and outfitted with a full EFIS Display.

Last I heard it was sold, but I don't know for sure.

Cheers...

DownIn3Green
2nd Jun 2000, 19:45
Mutt,

Seems we're into it on 2 different posts. The gear down to Basel was a nightmare.

Via Wej, Athens, and then struggling up to Fl190 to pass through the Alps.

Long day, and talk about noisy!

Prob was one of the gear doors had somehow shifted preventing the sequencing valves from doing their thing.

mutt
3rd Jun 2000, 00:14
DI3G.

Small world, SV ops asked me to flight plan your route. It was the first that i knew about a 727 in the fleet.
Needless to say i wasnt much help and suggested that they told the captain (you) to use a jeppesen flight computer!!!!!

I think that OCV is still around!!

Did u fly with a FE Mike Allman?

Cya

DownIn3Green
3rd Jun 2000, 02:30
Mutt,

For obvivous reasons I can't give too many details concerning this flt here on the open forum, however, I can say my whole experience with that organization was a nightmare from the first day.

Talk about penny pinching hipocrytes.

I can tell you this: The previous day I wwas flying a very high level Family member RUH/JED. Flt was normal until gear retraction. Rt main gear lt stayed red. Recycled as per ck list. No Joy. I informed the VIP we would return to RUH. He wanted to continue to JED, gear down. I explained that would be OK except we didn't have the fuel.

End result, emergency landing at RUH. Try that with THIS guy on board. Never saw so much activity over nothing in my career.

Next day the decision was made to do the gear down ferry. I was told we could it nonstop. (normal flt with everything working was 6+ hours.) The people in charge had no conception of what would be required for a gear down ferry.

To make a long story short, the day of the flight, the FE wanted to unpin the gear and "try" to raise it.

When you were asked to plan the flight was probably right after I refused to do it "non-stop".

We ended up taking 9 crewmembers (guess what nationality) on this ferry flight.

No wonder I left this after my one year contract was up.

By the way, is Conky Joe related to the individual that managed to put "Surfin' USA" on the tape machine on the mineret (mosque) in JED? If so, I know him, but who are you. My e-mail is on my profile.

Conky Joe
4th Jun 2000, 10:21
Oh how I WISH I was responsible for livening up Salah - a little boogie for their upward pointing bottoms! Did it really happen? My brother-in-law swears he knows someone who did the same in Bahrain. A travelling DJ intent on making the mullahs a little more musical - whoever he is I salute him :) :)

CJ2

DownIn3Green
4th Jun 2000, 18:10
Conky,

The guy I'm talking about is (or was, don't know if he's still there though) a Saudia 747 driver.

And yes, it did happen and they were p*ssed.

Never did prove it was him.

I think it was most likely Sid, myself,

Conky Joe
5th Jun 2000, 14:14
Tremendous!

Of course it was Sid, incredible character - been to stay a few times. In fact I think he's sculling around as I type - I'll go and have a word ... :)

Twin Otter
5th Jun 2000, 20:28
Thanks THRSRSRWY.
Do you have more information about Maldivian Air Taxi,Twin Otter on floats looks alot of fun.Do you know where those NON canadians came from?