PDA

View Full Version : DJ Embraer wet landing into PQQ

vee1-rotate
1st Apr 2008, 13:20
Nice video has surfaced of a DJ E170 landing into PQQ on the first service on a very wet day. Shows well the poor quality of PQQ runway, with the nose wheel bouncing all over the place.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=PpUftG_mxg8

Capt Claret
1st Apr 2008, 20:06
Vee1 You oughta try Gove or Paraburdoo. One doesn't have to rotate there because the undulations throw the aeroplane into the sky!

KRUSTY 34
1st Apr 2008, 20:30
Just down the road at Taree. The absolute worst sealed RPT strip in Australia.

No-one cares!:ugh:

OpsNormal
1st Apr 2008, 22:36
In its defence, since that vid was taken PMQ now has a very smooth new cover of bitumen and no sign of the old "speed humps" is evident anywhere anymore.

Regards,

OpsN.;)

Pappa Smurf
2nd Apr 2008, 02:35
Capt Claret,
Wont have to worry about Paraburdoo for much longer.

A new airport is going to be built 40 k,s out of Tom Price on the new T/P-Karatha road

Howard Hughes
2nd Apr 2008, 02:45
Was in PMQ the other day and the new seal seemed fine to me!:ok:

I would like to nominate Whyalla as one of the roughest bitumen strips anywhere, the undulations are so high, landing there is almost like ditching...;)

morno
2nd Apr 2008, 02:47
One nomination to Roma from me. I landed there about 6 months ago and it felt like I had run into a field of speed humps.

morno

flyitboy
2nd Apr 2008, 03:24
Many years ago I had cause to fly into YBLT a few times, nice for also practicing ditching as 'Howard' said!!!

F

Tmbstory
2nd Apr 2008, 09:09
Vee 1 - Rotate:

Looked to be a straight forward normal wet weather landing to me.

Tmb

gav_20022002
2nd Apr 2008, 11:22
any one who has had the pleasure of flying into Truscott country club & detox centre AKA YTST in the Kimberley will know the feeling. 3 nice nice big rises in the runway. generally once you get to the 3rd your launched off the deck...

Bill Lear
2nd Apr 2008, 22:16
Scone or Moomba gets my vote. Both very rough.

fierylildevil
2nd Apr 2008, 22:35
Anybody ever landed at Palmerville Station !
Not sealed but it has a huge dip right in the middle.
so you take off, land and take off again ..... :eek:

Horatio Leafblower
2nd Apr 2008, 22:43
As Bill has obviously discovered, operating a Global or a GV in/out of Scone seems to have its challenges. Or Challengers. Ho ho. :rolleyes: :}

Apart from the marginal length, the humps & hollows throw the big/fast guys around.

kimwestt
2nd Apr 2008, 22:59
For my money both Cockatoo and Kulin Islands in the Kimberleys take the prize for roughness and undulations:);)

Islander Jock
3rd Apr 2008, 09:51
Wont have to worry about Paraburdoo for much longer.
If I were a betting man, I'd say the "Paraburdoo Hump" will continue to provide ski ramp take-offs for at least another two years.:E

For the uninitiated, hang on just crossing the second touch down zone markers on rwy 06

topend3
3rd Apr 2008, 13:35
i'd have to say Newman, just down the road from Paraburdoo, is one of the best airports i get to fly in to, nice smooth runway and they have just doubled the apron size and put in an additional taxiway, top notch:ok:

the wizard of auz
3rd Apr 2008, 15:13
For my money both Cockatoo and Kulin Islands in the Kimberleys take the prize for roughness and undulations
Nah, they are fine. Koolan used to be a little hairy when the wind swung to the west, but otherwise they are fine........they hardened the last 200mtrs up a bit, so you can use the full 800 now. loved hopping off the end and over the cliff at MTOW on a hot day with 10Knts behind ya. glad I was driving a Caravan and not an airvan though. :ok: