PDA

View Full Version : Monarch Premium Cabin

allymc316
1st Apr 2008, 10:57
Hi All,

First post so please be gentle.

I am flying with Monarch from Dublin to Sanford Florida in July. It is a Charter flight. I read some pretty bad reviews about the seat pitch so I decided to up grade to the Premium Cabin. Paid £165 return each for 2 of us.

Just wondering if anyone has been Premium with them before and what you thought. And also if anyone know the type of Aircraft that operated the route.

Any comments or suggestions appreciated :ok:

Thanks in advance, Allymc316

qwertyuiop
1st Apr 2008, 11:45
I am pretty sure its on an A330. I have traveled in premium on both 330 and 767, both are very good and worth the extra cost.

Finman
1st Apr 2008, 16:55
Monarch are a shower. Look at how they treat you even if you pay for an upgrade to 'more' legroom! Click down to item 34.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=222240&highlight=Finman&page=2

Wouldn't travel with them....... ever!

TSR2
1st Apr 2008, 17:20
And the date of the post is ....... April 2006

Perhaps they have moved on a bit since then ..... and there again .... perhaps not.

FlyboyUK
1st Apr 2008, 19:20
Have just flown Monarch Premium on their A330, and whilst it's not business class on a long journey I'd say it's worth the money. There is a little more leg room than down the back with a 2-4-2 seating layout providing a bit more sideways room. The food was good and so was the free bar service! Crew were friendly and attentive.:ok:

allymc316
2nd Apr 2008, 08:28
unfortunatley I have to travel as they are the only carrier that going places have from dublin.

the pic is old and I do suspect that they have not changed the seat configuration but that is of the extra legroom seats, I am in the premium seats (hopefully :\).

I am not expecting the be all and end all of airlines, just a bit more room and space for comfort on the 9 hour flight and the free bar will also get me through!! :ok:

thanks for your responses and by all means keep them coming, the more I can find out the better.

Thanks again :D

Allymc316

trebor
3rd Apr 2008, 05:55
I used the premium service to calgary last year and thought it was excellent. I was on the 767. The service and the crew were excellent . Came back with thomas cook premium on A330. Premium cabin fine but service, crew and food was not to the standard of Monarch.

TotalBeginner
3rd Apr 2008, 11:05
If it's the A330, don't bother paying for Premium!

In 2006, Monarch removed 3 rows of seats in economy to improve the seat pitch. There's ample room now!

http://www.flymonarch.com/images_site/cnt/aft/seat_lrg_a330_243.gif

This is the seatplan on the website, but it's out of date.

The aircraft is now configured 51J / 307Y instead of 51J / 323Y

allymc316
4th Apr 2008, 19:59
I have upgraded for more legroom and the PTV's couldnt survive 9 hours without a choice of tv.

I did hear a rumour about that but didnt actually think that they had increased the seat pitch in economy. I am not sure that it is the A330 for definite it might be the sole 767 of theirs. I also heard that one of their A300's have a premium cabin

thanks again everyone for all the replies:ok:

Allymc316

RecallCentre
21st Jun 2008, 23:11
The A330 operates the Dub -Sanford service with a premium cabin. it is worth the extra with priority boarding etc

Crew are great and the free bar also!!!

Looking at that OLD picture from finnman - they dont sell that seat as extra legroom anymore. Maybe someone just has a problrem with monarch.

Monarch are top notch!!:D

PinkLady
27th Jun 2008, 17:53
We flew LGW-LXR recently Monarch Premium and it is definitely worth the money. More room, the food and service was very good too. No one invaded our space and we arrived at the end of our journey far less stressed than usual. That's the way to go from now on. Hope you enjoy your trip.