PDA

View Full Version : My turn for a question

Panama Jack
6th May 2000, 02:13
About job opportunities in the Middle East.

I've got about 2700TT, 2300 PIC, 1600 Multi, 1500 Turbine. What are opportunities like over there for someone with my qualifications?

ExSimGuy
6th May 2000, 11:29
Probably not something I can help with, as I've been pretty much isolated from the comercial business for a while (a few conections with military stuff) but I thought I'd say "hi" as I was beginning to think i was the only one left out here after the last few days - good to see a post on the ME forum at last!

Good luck - anyone else around can help?

CONVAIR
6th May 2000, 18:55
I would say that your chances for employment (as a pilot!) would be next to nill unless A. your a friend of a friend who happens to know someone B. You live there a are pest to a hiring manager who desparately needs someone and can't wait to get a pilot from outside the region. Once you get there, you get sucked in and never want to leave (voluntarily anyway)unless you get on a good piece of equipment or you have a plan to build time and definite prospects once you get that time. I was there six years and glad to leave (even though I loved living there). Good Luck

CaptA320
8th May 2000, 20:39
PJ most job offers in this part of the world require extensive jet experience. The Airline I work for are currently recruiting but require the type rating and time on the aircraft. Sorry to bring bad news but this is how it is.
Best of luck to you.

ironbutt57
11th May 2000, 12:05
hi george!!!

CONVAIR
12th May 2000, 04:05
Hi Tommy! I finally figured out how to get on so I thought I would add my two cents worth. Pemery says hello and bought a diamond. I figure nobody reads this stuff anyway! Send a message sometime. Is that guy with the luv bug a relative?