View Full Version : B 737 jobs in the Middle East

Warhawk
20th Oct 2000, 04:18
Anyone know whose worth chasing around the sand pit for a 737 F/O's job?

Don't much care where, want hours & $$$ (how original). Have good TT and several ATPL licences etc, but a bit short on 737 time.

Any help would be appreciated guys, thanks.

[This message has been edited by Warhawk (edited 21 October 2000).]

PAIFAgofer
21st Oct 2000, 04:08
How old are you? If you are under 28 Falcon apparently has some 737s. Email Steve Sanchez, flight ops manager at [email protected]

GA_Stinks
21st Oct 2000, 05:29
Falcon do NOT have any 737s.

Warhawk
21st Oct 2000, 05:37
Thanks for the tip PAIFAgofer.

I'd be 33 years old - wheres me walking stick?

I'm the usual stuff, 4000 hrs, 2700 ME, 2100 turbine ATPL 4 yr degree (same old **** !).

Oh the profanity!

Theres a 737 200 F/O's job being advertised for USD $78k + allowances somewhere in the sand pit.

Anyone know who it is?

Tanks anyway,

I'm off for a Guiness!

mutt
21st Oct 2000, 19:13
As far as Saudi is concerned, the B737 operators are:

1: Saudia. Not hiring and are phasing out the aircraft.
2: Aramco (www.aramco.com) they employ through the USA and although they are phasing out the -200's, they are getting -700's.
3: A number of corporate operators, -200's/300's and BBJ's. I havent got a clue who they employ through, although you could try the jetaviation web site.

Hope that helps.

Mutt

ironbutt57
21st Oct 2000, 21:07
aramco are short and hire all nationalities on a "consultant basis" 6700 US per month (F.O.)and around 600 (dollars) per deims no degree required as you are a consultant not a "direct hire" contracts are 2 year renewable...contact aramco in houston..lots of 737 time NOT required and they will send you to school on the 700...more as i get it cheers

Warhawk
22nd Oct 2000, 03:12
Thanks Mutt and Ironbutt,

I did previously have a look at the ARAMCO TX website. However it states an FAA ATP is reqd. I don't have one - but I understood most Mid East countries used any good ICAO ticket.

Did an FAA Class 1 medical just in case and have got an FAA type ATP test prep CD though and suppose I could do the test in a 737 sim in the USA if reqd.

I'll send them an email and see what happens.

Thanks again guys any more info is much appreciated.

Regs,

Warhawk

mutt
22nd Oct 2000, 08:01
There is a place in Vancouver charging $8800 for a B737 type rating, as this flight test is the same as the ATP flight test, it can actually count for both, provided of course that you have the ATP writtens and the required hours.
But before spending that sort of money, you better have some form of feedback from Aramco et al.

Mutt

ironbutt57
22nd Oct 2000, 11:45
faa required as airplanes are "N" registered..lots of schools offer type/atp for around 5-7000 dollars..type itself NOT required..but if doing the atp..might as well do the ride in the 737 sim and get it done with...saves the bother of trying to learn to fly a light twin all over again...mate of mine is in 700 school now will be back in 3 weeks will get the local contact for you then cheers

Warhawk
22nd Oct 2000, 23:06
Thanks ironbutt57,

Yes had this dilema a while ago, when I thought of moving to the USA.

The FAA just want you to do a ATP check ride with an inspector - but these 737 sim operators won't let you. You have to pay for their entire type rating course!

As I did mine with QANTAS (7 weeks & PiC Std) it seems like alot of expense when all I need is a test session or at most 1 revision session b4 hand.

Anyway we'll see what Aramco says first. Not much point in all that hassle and money if theres no job at the end of it!

Thanks for all the info so far - its been great!

PPrune is more than moaning after all!