PDA

View Full Version : Interested in Flight Crew position

PeterP
18th Apr 2000, 22:40
I am interested in a pilot/flight crew/Instructor position in Middle East.
If anyone can help me with any names/contacts
please e-mail me at http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/[email protected]

Sincerely

PeterP

mutt
19th Apr 2000, 04:53
PP,
It would help if you gave your flying qualifications!!!!

Cya
Middle East Mutt.

PeterP
22nd Apr 2000, 02:22
Sorry about that
I have a Canadian C.P.L. with Multi-I.F.R. as well an Instructor Rating class 4. Currently I hold a P.P.C. on a PA31-Navajo

777AV8R
26th Apr 2000, 09:25
As a Canadian expat over here in Saudi Arabia, I might be able to give you some information.

First off, the Canadian licence will do you no good here. Everything is FAA. Secondly, there is no "general aviation" as you know it back in Canada. There are no flight schools over here and there are few, if any, piston aircraft over here, believe it or not, there is no Av-gas over here...we are awash in Jet fuel, but Av-gas is imported. Hate to burst your bubble but most positions over here require jet time and lots of experience.

The Emrirates are a bit different. They do have general aviation of sorts, whether you can find employment there is another thing.

Hope it helps.

PeterP
27th Apr 2000, 02:54
Hey 777AV8R hard to believe the fact that they import av-gas ha ha...It's so ironic and funny at the same time.
Apperantly I don't have jet time but the good think is I am writing my C.P.L. FAA licences some time in May as well for JAA in July.
Thanks for the information although a bit discouraging but I am keeping my hopes up
Thanks
PeterP

Loc-out
29th Apr 2000, 19:03
Remember this.From the moment you arrive in the countries in that area, you immediately become a second or third class citizen, depending on your religious beliefs and skin colour. Forget about human rights, as there are none. As for racism, they would beat a rabid Afrikarna hands down.Still want to go? Then charge them the earth for your services.Good Luck.

ironbutt57
29th Apr 2000, 22:17
loc-out....what planet are you from???
been here quite a while, and never saw any of the things you are talking about if you just do your job, then things are fine...some countries are more "western" than others, but it's better than east asia