PDA

View Full Version : Using Trevor Thomas Books

xbilz
31st Mar 2008, 14:48
Hi all,

I am currently using Trevor Thomas's books to study for PPL Ground Studies. These books were published by "Airlife Publishing Ltd" and Reprinted with some Amendments in 2002. There are 7 books in all - No CD or any other media source.

Can the experienced ones please advise me that using these books is the right choice. If not, what shall I do for the ground study for PPL?

Many thanks.

Leeds1972
31st Mar 2008, 15:00
I am using the OAT cbt Cd's (I found them £50 cheaper on a web site that's named after a rain forest!!) and although very in depth i find it an easier way to learn than going through books, i think CATS also do a cbt course for the PPL.
It all comes down to whats best for you and the way you learn. If you aren't planning to go onto ATPL then maybe give the OAT'S a miss as they teach you more than you really need to know for just the PPL.
One thing you definitely need is the confuser if you haven't purchased that already.
Either way best of luck:ok:

xbilz
31st Mar 2008, 15:04
Thanks for your reply. It will be all the way to fATPL. I was under the impression that Trevor's books are very detailed and gives you 30% start to ATPL theory.

By the way, how much ppl studies cover atpl theory?

Leeds1972
31st Mar 2008, 15:15
Trevor Thom books are good just the OAT seem a little more in depth, some people see this as just going along way round the same point but I find it teaches me the subject to where i feel competent.
As for how much is in the PPL thats in the ATPL? Im not sure as a wanabee like yourself but I should imagine the more you learn now the easier it will be in the future.:ok: