PDA

View Full Version : DHL Fleet

cracka fatty
14th Mar 2001, 04:35
Could someone please tell me what dhl's current jet fleet is in the ME and if they are planning any expansion of this. I herd "story" they have crews in Canada as we speak upgrading to 757. Anyone care to confirm or deny.
Cheers CF

Alvin
14th Mar 2001, 17:38
DHL Bahrain only have one B757F on their jet list, although this is leased through AWAS think it has another year on the contract to run, with AWAS crew and some DHL Bahrain crew. As far as I know they don't have anyone type training in Canada as yet, but should be a few guys going soon, who are at the top of the seniority list to upgrade from Metro. No chance of going straight onto this unless you're employed by AWAS. So forget buying the rating and applying to DHL. If you're really keen, get a Metro rating and then take a ticket and wait for your number to come up. I believe they will be looking for Metro Captains ASAP.
Regards
Alvin

The Guvnor
14th Mar 2001, 21:21
The DHL/Boeing/BA 757SF deal was announced at the Dubai Air Show in 99 - and the information given at that time was that there were going to be a fairly significant number of them based in BAH.

I have no idea whether these plans have been changed; or whether they have been dropped altogether; but I would have thought that there could well be a good nice there especially from BAH into the Subcontinent.

williamsf1
4th Sep 2001, 22:17
can anyone help me out with an email addy for DHL in the middle east??

a phone no. or anything to give me a kick on to who to contact!!!

email me on

[email protected]

thanks for all your help!! :D :D