PDA

View Full Version : CPL Human Factors Help Anyone Recently Done it?

ksa5223
31st Mar 2008, 05:15
After reading 2 books on human factors bob tait / ATC, I found that both were very different and the ATC book was pathetic!

Does anyone know what areas the questions focus on in the test?

Like the met exam which i have done was almost 70% of reading tafs / arfors! That was a surprise.!

Thanks Hope to hear from some people who have recently done the exam.

cessna_dave
31st Mar 2008, 05:24
The questions in the exam are all very similar to the questions provided in Bob Tait.

marty1468
31st Mar 2008, 06:17
I agree,

I did the exam after reading the ATC only and there were a lot of questions that the ATC book didn't cover. I have since read the BT one and it covers these areas. I'm finding this with most of the exams actually.

I still passed with 80% but i knew everything in the ATC book so was quite dissapointed.

The exam is quite easy though. Took me 13 minutes.

WannaBeBiggles
31st Mar 2008, 06:46
Read Bob Taits, covers everything you want. AFT even provide it for their ATPL students (plus some notes). So it's well worth it! :ok:

According to CASA questions on ears, eyes and visual illusions (from memory), so make sure you know those things well. However I found that the CASA questions were pretty much across the board.

SydneyAeros
31st Mar 2008, 08:59
Yeah, I'll agree with the others Bob Tait is the best. I've done 4 out of 7 exams so far and the Bob Tait texts are far better than the ATC texts. I've now bought all the remaining texts for Performance, Law and Aerodynamics and have used them on the other exams post HF. I also blogged about it here (http://www.squawk-1200.com/bob-tait-is-the-man/).

Do yourself a favour and go buy them, you won't regret it.

rep
31st Mar 2008, 09:20
Bob Tait is the way to go! ATC just doesnt cut it.

CPL Human Factors was real easy from memory, they like asking you number questions like e.g. facts on the 3 different memory stages, sleeping patters etc...

Some of the questions are just retarded e.g. "What situation does CASA recommended to all pilots?"

a.) Drink excessive amounts of alcohol
b.) Smoke and drink alcohol every day
c.) Smoke heavily and occasionly have a drink of alcohol
d) Drink alcohol occasionly, exercise regularly, and maintain a healthy diet

:ugh:

Chadzat
31st Mar 2008, 09:21
The ATC Human Factors book is complete rubbish- don't waste your money on it!! Because of only having the ATC HF book, Human Factors CPL was the only exam I failed out of the 15 or however many it is to ATPL level.

I read the Bob Tait book and passed it straightaway second time around. My recommendations are Bob Tait for CPL Theory, and AFT for ATPL Theory. :ok:

ksa5223
31st Mar 2008, 21:52
cool thanks fellas, anyone know if the bob tait online exam questions are the same as in his book?

Id hate to buy them to find out they are the same as in my book.

TY

WannaBeBiggles
1st Apr 2008, 21:16
You will find some duplications, however still worth while, plus you will find that some questions are identical to CASA's questions. :ok:

SystemsAreGo
3rd Apr 2008, 06:35
I loved the human factors exams (NZ CAA). Lots of good questions like the following..

You have just gained a command on a 737 and your parents come to the airport to see you on your first flight. You do a max performance takeoff with a steep pull up into a max rate turn low level. Your behavior could be described as:

a) stupid
b) macho
c) submissive
d) happy

:}

In reply to the original question, don't get too hung up on CPL human factors. A bit of common sense and you will breeze through most questions. Good Luck :ok:

HappyBandit
3rd Apr 2008, 07:40
You forgot the last option which is a Cathay Pacific pilot nearing his retirement :D

ksa5223
3rd Apr 2008, 07:50
cool yeah guys i did the test it took 25 minutes and I went really well!:ok: