View Full Version : Emirates Seniority Number

CitationTen
31st Mar 2008, 03:55
Quick question. Can anyone at EK tell me when you get your seniority number? The reason I ask is because I'm one of those guys who don't quite have 4000h TT, but have an interview (over 3500 TT) and wouldn't start until I have 4000 TT.

Thanks!

uplock
31st Mar 2008, 04:18
Seniority starts on the date your hired, not interview date. If there are a bunch of you joining on the same date of joining then seniority is based on your date of birth, young sprogs go to the back with the old farts at the front.

Seniority means diddly squat though in EK, only time its any use is when your using staff travel as seat allocation is based on ticket as well as staff number.

CitationTen
31st Mar 2008, 07:07
Thanks for the quick reply!

When you refer to the date of joining, does that mean the actual date you arrive in Dubai? In other words, if you pass the interview and sign a contract let's say, 1 month after - does that constitue your "date of joining". Or do you not officially join until you arrive in Dubai and actual start training/work.

Thanks again

halas
31st Mar 2008, 07:24
Day you start you are issued your number. Even so if it were issued at another, time so too would numbers be issued to the other candidates starting at the same time - so really doesn't matter.

As mentioned by uplock, its means sweet FA anyway.

halas

MumbaiRadio
31st Mar 2008, 08:34
All correct..with a little difference if i'm not mistaken. Your date of seniority DOS is the date you will start the transition course on the airplane you will be assign to, which is generally two or three days after the actual date of joining DOJ (the date you first arrive in DXB after the selection process is over). In my case DOJ 19 may, DOS 23 may .Anyway welcome :ok:

CitationTen
31st Mar 2008, 15:13
Many thanks!

Crystal clear now. Was just trying to figure out whether or not you are assigned a seniority number when you sign the contract (whenever that may be), or when you actually start training (which may possibly be much later then the date you sign the contract - in this case EK).

kingoftheslipstream
31st Mar 2008, 15:43
Mumbai Radio's correct. ;)

Gulf News
31st Mar 2008, 17:44
Not so quick fellas. Your Date of joining will determine your onload priority with regard to staff travel however your fleet seniority,f or what it is worth, will be determined by the date that you pass your final line check.

The history of this is that cadet F/Os join the company and receive a staff number several years before being checked to line.

Guns-A-GoGo
31st Mar 2008, 18:16
Next question, what day does the actual employment start? Or more specific, what day do we go on the payroll?

Guns

PositiveRate876
1st Apr 2008, 09:26
You go on payroll the day you get on the flight to come to DXB for class. (DOJ)

HPJ
1st Apr 2008, 20:42
OK, so got the job (non-operational, based in UK) but not at all sure about concessionary travel with EK.

Any currently serving staff able to update me on what we get?

Thanks and hopefully it's something to cheer about :D