PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse 500 easa certification

luck
30th Mar 2008, 22:19
Hi everybody,

Any news about the EA 500 easa certification??

In may at the Ebace?? I´m just making a possible prediction.

Luck

blablablafly
31st Mar 2008, 07:19
Which year 2009 or 2010? :cool:

wigglyamp
31st Mar 2008, 18:47
Eclipse certification
I think it's going to be a long time, if at all, before EASA certify the EA500.

See:
www.easa.europa.eu/doc/Certification/Consultation/Eclipse%20500%20%20Special% (http://www.easa.europa.eu/doc/Certification/Consultation/Eclipse%20500%20%20Special%)

As the aircraft still doesn't have FAA certification for Flight into Known Icing, the new Avio NG avionic system is way from complete and lacks much functionality, and EASA have all of their concerns about the FADEC systems, don't hold your breath!

luck
31st Mar 2008, 20:09
Hi,

I read this document 3 months ago, it was publicated the 18th of august 2007.

I know that nowadays have been a lot of advances. Is anyone in touch with EA500 future operators?

blablablafly
1st Apr 2008, 08:17
I know that nowadays have been a lot of advances. Is anyone in touch with EA500 future operators?

It has gone downhill since then.... still no Flight into known icing capabilities and now talk about changing the whole software suite back to Garmin....

If you know of any advances I think there is a lot of people interested to know what they are... especially the people in the US who took delivery of aircraft with a long list of IOU's that are still outstanding a year latter.. :{

All future EA operators have either packed up or trying to find Mustangs as soon as they can lay their hand on them.... :rolleyes: