PDA

View Full Version : Vision problem in one eye

jamied
30th Mar 2008, 22:15
Before I start my flying lessons i'm going to need to pass medical 1 or 2 but i'm not sure i'll pass. I have blurred vision in my left eye, I can make out objects etc but if I shut my right eye I can't read the text on screen now. I can see normal with both eyes open and sometimes wear glasses too. Vision in my right eye is perfect. Do you think my vision will be a major problem?

steve_uniacke
31st Mar 2008, 00:23
hi there.

im sure your post will probably be moved to the vision thread, but it soudns a lot like you've got something similar to what i have, but still... its a bit vague. can you give any specifics on what the problem is?

(if not, i'd suggest you go get an eye test and then you're in a better position to ask for advice)

steve

nathan_m
31st Mar 2008, 05:06
As long as your vision is correctable with glasses I see no reason why you would not get a class 1.

Well in Australia anyways.

jamied
31st Mar 2008, 11:55
Glasses doesn't fix the problem. I've had many eye tests and apparently I could have some sort of cornier transplant when I get older, so I guess thats where the problem is. I can't remember exactly.

Blues&twos
1st Apr 2008, 22:25
I had corneal transplants back in the mid-80s. My vision is 6/5 on a good day, 6/6 the rest of the time.

Don't know how this would affect your medical though. I'd be interested to hear what actual condition is causing this!