PDA

View Full Version : MCC, how many simulator hours?? (20 or 40?)

Aerospace_Line
30th Mar 2008, 21:21
Hi and thanks for reading!

I see that some Jar MCC courses are based on 20 FFS hours, according to JARs FCL which require at least 20 practical hours.
I wonder why in Italy, all MCC courses are based on 40 sim hours..!
Does it mean that if someone has a JAR MCC based on 20 hours cannot have a type rating in Italy??!

Thank you.
Kind regards

potkettleblack
31st Mar 2008, 07:39
The devil is probably in the detail. More than likely its 20 hours pilot flying (PF) and 20 hours pilot monitoring (PM). Thats how my course worked. Its surprising how much benefit you get out of sitting there in the RHS watching somebody else be put through their paces.

matt_hooks
31st Mar 2008, 07:49
Pot, yes I think that's what the deal is. Some quote total time (pf and pnf) whereas some just quote the PF time. Both LH and RH seat hours are loggable.

Have to take exception though. As it's a Multi Crew Co-operation certificate, you shouldn't e "sitting in the RH seat watching the other guy being put through his paces". In fact in a lot of instances the PNF has more to do than the PF.

potkettleblack
31st Mar 2008, 10:34
Gee I will have to watch what I say in future my picky since you want to start reading between the lines. As someone who works from the RHS of a 70 odd ton jet I can assure you that I am fully aware that the PM gets awfully busy at times, especially during an OPC as I had a few weeks back. Anyway the point being that sitting in the RHS as the non handling pilot can be a great learning tool and should not be dismissed.

moggiee
31st Mar 2008, 11:03
Minimum hours on a standard MCC on a non-integrated (i.e. modular) course is 25 hours groundschool and 20 hours in the FNPT2. Of that 20 hours, 10 will be as PF and 10 as PNF/PM.

If an FTO or customer wishes to do longer courses then that's their choice.