PDA

View Full Version : Airlines, Inspections, What's up in the US?

sevenstrokeroll
30th Mar 2008, 20:02
Southwest and inspections...Delta, American and inspections...bullet shot through cockpit...dozens of other little things.

Is it money? Or what?

I have my feelings. Money. deregulation and competition bring things down to the lowest cost.

just wondering.

llrrllR

FIRESYSOK
31st Mar 2008, 14:38
Now the United antiskid crosswiring. Nice.

sevenstrokeroll
31st Mar 2008, 19:03
that's my point...what is going on? things like this used to happen and we learned from it...looks like we forgot what we learned.

weasil
13th Apr 2008, 20:18
Here's an interesting editorial on this whole business.

The best route to airline safety (http://www.chicagotribune.com/travel/chi-oped0413chapmanapr13,1,4375111,print.column)

It was in the Chicago tribune this morning - and it was refreshing to see a different take on this recent nonsense.

SNS3Guppy
14th Apr 2008, 12:49
There's nothing going on right now that hasn't been going on all along. It's just a little more public and the center of the news entertainment industry, presently.

Airlines have always tried to shortcut maintenance and put off or manage inspections to meet their own convenience. In this case SWA just got caught publically, and the FAA responded by covering themselves in a crackdown across the board. What turned up was what existed all along; deferred inspections and AD's that should have been done but weren't...and it's been made public. Nothing new under the sun, nothing has changed, no lessons were ever learned. This has always gone on, and will continue to go on.