PDA

View Full Version : what to do/where to go (out) in Dallas TX ?

leonard17F
30th Mar 2008, 19:12
Hi All !

My new job brings me to travel quite often to DAL (approx once every 6 weeks), and I will also spend the whole month of May for another TR Initial Course at FSI DFW.

Do you have any good ideas of what to do, where to go in the Metroplex area (museums, outdoor activities, good shopping, good restaurants, pubs, bars, all kind of extra-curricular activities, and of course, where to meet real cowboys and ......cowgirls ??!!)

Thanks a lot for your inputs !

FloaterNorthWest
30th Mar 2008, 20:51
leonard17f,

I have just got back from a trip to the USA where I got delayed for two days in Dallas (DFW).

We spent the day in central Dallas and weren't impressed. The city seems geared up for car travel and there wasn't much to do and see on foot. If you are staying near DFW you can get the train ($5 return from DFW) into Dallas but it doesn't run very late.

A local recommended going to Fort Worth (same train line but opposite direction) instead of Dallas as it was friendlier and more tourist/traveller friendly.

FNW

gmac1977
30th Mar 2008, 21:10
Thurs nights in bars in Fort worth! The Library is one to mention
Stock yards for a bit of a cowboy vibe. Billy bobs is outstanding!
ivy in dallas for a city crowd. Lots of bars to chose from
Titty bar in Arlington called Jaguars
Flight down to Austin is a definate. My favourite city on earth!
Best steak is in San antonio. Little steak house next to the Hilton hotel.

On the whole a fantastic place to be!

Enjoy

OFBSLF
31st Mar 2008, 18:26
A while back I spent about a year commuting to Dallas (in on Monday AM, out on Friday PM). As far as I'm concerned, the only redeeming feature of Dallas is that it isn't Houston...

DennisK
2nd Apr 2008, 11:04
Oh ... c'mon ... Houston has 'Hooters.'

DK

Steak&Kidney_Pie
2nd Apr 2008, 11:11
Dallas has Hooters too....jesus!!!

Der_Fischmeister
2nd Apr 2008, 21:47
Bone Daddys...next to the Airport ...Grapevine Area...awesome Rips ,good BBQ(And Girls run around like in Hooters!!!)

Good Mexican also close by ....

And afterwards..KRISPY KREME ...mhhhh DOUGHNUTS.......!!!

Cheers

falconflier
6th Apr 2008, 17:49
Second that on Bonedaddys. NW side of DFW, it's like Hooter's meets Coyote Ugly except the women are even hotter.

jettgoddess
6th Apr 2008, 19:05
Just read the post.....Pilots.......
......Yawn Yawn.......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

4HolerPoler
6th Apr 2008, 19:38
Yup, that's us honey. You want to know of any good flower shops, hand-bag shops, lacy underwear shops, where the Chippendales are showing next check it out on www.FlightAttendantRumourNetwork.org

Bonedaddys rules!

4HP