PDA

View Full Version : Samco Aviation Info?

alatus
28th Sep 2000, 18:13
Does anyone have info on Samco Aviation out of Riyadh? They operate B727-1, B737-2, CE560XL and CL601 Aircraft. Working conditions, pay, housing, time off info requested.

Thanks,

Alatus

ijp
3rd Oct 2000, 11:07
If its Riyadh, you really don't want to go, believe me !!!!!

JJflyer
3rd Oct 2000, 13:45
Hear that your salary is on time and working coditions are generally good.
You are under Saudi labour laws that guarantee you some 49 ( don't quote me ) days off per year paid.. and so on.
Worldwide flying probably around 300 hours a year in the 727. Don't know about the 604.
Riyadh is not as nice place to live in as Jeddah but if you are after the money well then you need to make a couple of sacrifices.
777AV8r and Mutt can give you detailed info about living conditions in Saudi-Arabia in general.

JJ

mutt
3rd Oct 2000, 16:07
Don't know a lot about RUH, the only times that I have visited the city were on special missions to drink Guinness or get laid.

Mutt

alatus
4th Oct 2000, 18:33
An open letter to YAW:

I don't believe I have had the pleasure of being introduced to you.
What you refer incorrectly to regarding the B747 operation in Saudi is the following. Myself and my partner have a small consulting company. Late last year we were contacted by a fellow out of Florida by the name of ******(provided by email if requested). He presented us with documentation saying he
represented a Kuwaiti Sheikh who had struck a deal with Kuwait airways to dry lease 2 B747-200 aircraft and operate them at a cost on the Air Mauritius AOC for a wet lease contract to Saudi Airlines. Our part in
this was to provide base managers, Manuals and contract flight crew in Jeddah. So we advertised for current and qualified flight crew, AEPS,Aviation Jobs, Flight Crews International, etc, we solicited a few
resumes from Capts, Fo's and FE's, I still have them in case the need arises in the future. The part where we got burned was while we were getting our part of the operation together. Mr. ***** was fraudulently obtaining contracts from potential Hadj customers and receiving down payments (hundreds of thousands of dollars). He also fraudulently represented himself as the President of Carlin Airlines,(the actual President is a friend mine in Florida)
Carlin had just signed a LOI for a B747-100 from Jumbo Jet leasing. Mr. ***** obtained
letterhead from Carlin Airlines, corresponded with Hadj Customers (Gambia in Particular) using this letterhead and contracted fraudulently for Carlin to fly Hadj flights (Carlin at this time was an upstart and didn't even have an AOC) Mr. ***** Created an AOC document for Carlin airlines, Created a certificate of Insurance for Carlin, Created a Certificate of Air worthiness for this particular B747-100 from Jumbo
Jet Leasing (SN came from Bill Harms commercial aircraft census website
in Switzerland.
Mr. ****** took down payment on behalf of Carlin Airlines for Hadj Flights(unknown to Carlin Airlines) and just disappeared. The Hadj came and went and the Gambians got burned for the downpayment.

He(Mr. ******) was trying to scam Saudi airlines for the wet lease contract
downpayment with the two Kuwait B747-200 aircraft. There was no Kuwaiti Sheikh or deal with Kuwait airlines or Air Mauritius (all documentation was forged)

We got duped by this man like everyone else, he is a career criminal.
One condition of us obtaining our contract with him was we would be in Jeddah as managers and Pilots(so at cost to us we got typed in the B747) We got burned for manuals we created(very expensive) and for advertising costs for crews. We never had any malicious intent and we hurt no one with the minor exception of raising false hope of
employment, but at the time to us it wasn't false.

As for Mr. ******, last I heard he had been arrested for Falsifying Aviation documents and fraud. I have been contacted by a lawyer
representing Mr. *****'s Gambian victims and gave him the same info I have just given you. I fully expect a subpoena to a court case.

Now if you would like further info about this matter contact me in a rational manner.
If you are one of the people who sent in a resume, this is why you, or anyone else, is not flying in Jeddah.

I hope this clears up the confusion in this matter, I have to admit your hostility in this matter confuses me.

Best regards,

James Douglas

By the way YAW, if you want future credability, you should have an Email address the is current and functioning.

alatus
4th Oct 2000, 22:41
Dear Mr. YAW

You are quite right about us being Naive (spelling) but it appeared to be a big break for a little operation specializing in Manuals and smaller scale start-up's. As for Base Managers, people that were involved had a great deal of management experience, just not on B747, other types included B757, A300, B727, B737.
As for flying the aircraft, whats the big deal, good training and quality training captains release PIC's on a new a/c Types everyday after adequate Line Indoctrination. When I said we were a small firm, I didn't imply we have only experience in "Small Aircraft"
Dear Sir, I am not being flippant, why did you take such a personal interest in our company and me in particular, do I know you? Have I hurt you, your career, a friend in any way? If I have, I would sincerely like to make amends and move forward. At present Sir, you have me at a disadvantage.

Best regards,

Jim D.

[This message has been edited by alatus (edited 04 October 2000).]