PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Hire YBMC

Angle of Attack
30th Mar 2008, 12:40
Hi all, firstly I havent done a search or looked on the net, but am thinking of taking some friends up for a flight out of Maroochydore this week. 4 pax for a scenic flight for 1 hour or less, so a C172 or similar is ok, doesnt really matter though. Can anyone point me in the direction of an operator you would reccomend to hire from? Just looking for a reasonable aircraft that non flyers will think looks ok and a reasonable price .. relatively! lol, Thanks in advance. :ok:

CHAIRMAN
30th Mar 2008, 13:16
Try Redcliffe Aero Club for near new 172'SP - or Maroochy Aero Club for theirs.

MakeItHappenCaptain
1st Apr 2008, 09:47
Try Qld Aviation Services at Caloundra.
VH-DBG
IFR 172P
Way better price and no landing charges. Very Close to YBMC.

PyroTek
1st Apr 2008, 09:53
I'd agree with Chairman, if you can go to Redcliffe, they are cheap, and their new 172SP is great!
Flies well, from memory :D

overhere
1st Apr 2008, 11:02
The guy asks for YBMC & you give him YRED?

Right....

Well to give the right airport - there's the aeroclub or Fly Aerodynamic. I haven't hired planes (or even seen planes) off either however they are where you're after.

YRED aircraft are OK too - book a fair way out though, they get booked up pretty guick. YRED would be about 50mins drive from YBMC. Just be aware YRED is a fairly rough airport to fly out of when the wind is up - if you're not use to low level turbulance & cross winds, stay away on a windy day.

If you want a scenic flight in the Sunny Coast area, it would be more ideal for you to hire from YBMC as you'd already be in the control zone for the clearence.

It's a great spot for a scenic further south as well around Nth/Sth Stradbroke Island - I've flown a lot of places & around there is really up there with the best.

Enjoy your visit to Qld!

senshi
2nd Apr 2008, 04:35
why not grab a Lear from SFC?? i'm sure they'll have tourist rates..