PDA

View Full Version : Thought you had BA staff travel?

ivor toolbox
30th Mar 2008, 12:26
Interesting post over here

http://www.airmech.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=8096

implies that you will lose all concessions wef April 2009 if a) you retired with 15yrs or less service, and/or b) if you were a happily retired former emloyee of a BA susidiary regardless of length of service

ttfn

HZ123
30th Mar 2008, 13:08
Hello Ivor from a rainswept T5, went to a retirees do the other day and what you are stating is nearer enough correct. Futhermore the system in T5 when it does work will almost make it impossible at times to take a flight anyway. There is a holding coral landside for the staff member only no others and your PNR will come on the screen if you are accepted for boarding and bear in mind that is at the point of closeout. In other words if the a/c is on a remote stand or not immediately connected to the terminal you will be hard pressed to get there. The future of S/T does not look very good.

sailor
31st Mar 2008, 07:42
I'm surprised that this subject has not made more waves - it looks to me like retrospective major change to BA T&C's. 5 years from 2009 left for me if I am right, and that's it. Imposition not agreement, and it applies to ALL.
Guess that loco is going to be the alternative -hey ho! Unless we intend to do something about it!

Human Factor
31st Mar 2008, 15:20
Unless we intend to do something about it!

Any time we say anything, BA bleat about ST being a privilege, not a contractual right meaning they can change it at their whim. Makes you feel wanted, doesn't it.:(

Have to agree with the above though that it all becomes very academic if you plan to use it through T5, unless you've got a proper confirmed (OK) seat. The only thing which will cause it to change is when commuters fail to get to work and the airline grinds to a halt. Given our current state though, I doubt anyone will notice.:rolleyes: