PDA

View Full Version : Results of recent NJME interviews??

mali
3rd Mar 2001, 06:15
Any news on the interviews held in Paris last week????

colt steel
3rd Mar 2001, 12:34
And you want to go to Jeddah!!!!!!!!!

mr blue sky
4th Mar 2001, 19:48
Why the heck not ?

mutt
5th Mar 2001, 00:57
Because the weather sucks, rain, wind and sandstorms........

mali
5th Mar 2001, 03:20
Come on guys!!!
I just asked a F@#!en question!!!!
If you want to talk about something else then start your own bleedin' forum!!!!!
THANKS!!!
Mali.

mr blue sky
5th Mar 2001, 11:34
My, my , we are we a little touchy Mali ! Are you sure you completed all those psych tests fully and honestly ? 'cos if not.......
Furthermore, if you have managed to be successful in your application to NJME you'll have to get used to that lovely Jeddah weather.

colt steel
5th Mar 2001, 15:02
Mate if you plan on coming to this part of the world you better get a thicker skin than that!!!!!!!!!

You reply again if you get in and maybe your tune will have changed.........see in the Kingdom Mali!!!!!!

Howd ya get on with falcon!!!!!

mali
5th Mar 2001, 17:29
Guys
hope to meet ye all and have an ale.
Being expat I'm sure you understand the frustration, living and working when it's not where you want to be. Don't meant to sound like an @@shole as I know I did, lookin' forward to meeting you all and laughing about this over a couple...
Same ole feeling as I'm sure you know, just after a few gems re the life in Jeddah; sure and **** it, I've heard all the negatives about the place, just wondering what it has to offer; obviously there's a few blokes there and they're either makin' money or just enjoying themselves or both: I'm waiting to hear what ye think re it all...
Cheers; apologies for the offense it just seems that everyone is ready to throw in their two bob's worth these days when we've all heard it before! (No offense itended!!)
Seriously guys and thanks for the tips re: the psychs!!! I'll give it some deep and serious thought (over a couple!)
Looking forward to the response, have a nice day......
Sincerely Hannibal!!!!
Just kidding Mali.

mutt
5th Mar 2001, 18:23
I suppose that we could have just answered your question with a simple NO. But where is the fun in that?

When i first came to the Middle East, a lovely personnel lady told me that whatever i did "dont lose your sense of humour". How right she was.

Now considering that one of the people that you have jumped on is an extremely new recruit to NJME as well as a newbie to Jeddah, I'm sure that in time he will be able to give you all the pros and cons.

Good Luck.

Mutt :)

mr blue sky
5th Mar 2001, 20:48
What you doing at present Mali ?

SSBJ
7th Mar 2001, 12:43
If you rearly want to know the outcome of your interview call the boys in HR and they'll tell you. If you interviewed last month it takes about 2 weeks to get the results of the nutter tests back from the states.
There are people out there that never hear back so don't go sitting by the phone as they'll never call.
And then the fun begins.

mutt
7th Mar 2001, 13:43
SSBJ,

This posting combined with your one about NJME going down the drain give me the impression that you arent impressed with their operation.

Would you care to tell us why?

Mutt :)

mr blue sky
8th Mar 2001, 20:32
You should know by now Mutt, SSBJ doesn't reply to questions .....

Oceanic
10th Mar 2001, 17:59
I wouldn't expect a reply promptly as I interviewed back in June 99 in Paris - did the whole sim/phsyco/intview bit and then heard nothing until Sept, when I was offerred a class date just 10 days later.
At the interview, chief pilot Mike Moon (since moved back to NJI) indicated 12 Gulfstreams required within a year. Salary at the time was below market norm and there was to be a 7/4 roster with your time off taken in Kingdom. Two economy tickets home a year. I had accepted another position in the meantime and so wasn't interested, but the naievity of the operation was astounding - Moon had never even been to Saudi (no wonder he didn't last) and chief FA Connie Crossman who was interviewing the FA's in Paris was refused an entry visa not having followed the proper sponsors formalities. I know that various items mentioned have now changed including remuneration and I believe the rostering too, but as I operate into Jed a fair deal I know that there still is discontent - many times I have been approached by NJME crew looking elsewhere. Accommodation was initially out of town at a compound well north of the city (past the creek area), but this was difficult for conveniences and the majority have drifted back closer to town. Also the promise of 12 G4's was quickly abandoned because there just isn't the interest or need. It's a very different proposition to the States, ferry distances and crew positioning plus those who do own can mostly afford not to share. As of December, my last trip to Jed, there were just 2 G4 and a 125.(Talk of a Facon 2000 too which was away on a trip at the time). Good luck to the operation but the whole viability of the project seems shaky as echoed by many down there who have expressed these sentiments.
On a positive note I've never had a problem with Jed - we all know the score when we go there and the ex-pat facilities not bad. True, not a lot to do, but once you get to know some folks it improves - besides as I was there Xmas day and scuba diving in 80F off the al-Bilad beach I thought there are definitely worse ways to make a living!

[This message has been edited by Oceanic (edited 10 March 2001).]

mutt
12th Mar 2001, 16:18
Oceanic,

There are 6 new NJME pilots who arrived in JED last night, it will be interesting to read their reports over the coming months.

NJME have at least 2 F2000's at present, I understand that there is another one due before the summer.

As for scuba diving on Christmas day, what a hard life.... :) :)

Mutt

alapt
13th Mar 2001, 00:28
Excuse me but who is MJME? I would like to return to the Middle East if possible.

Keep the blue side up.

SSBJ
13th Mar 2001, 01:03
Give them a call on 652 0001 and ask for HR they are a good bunch of guys down there and should tell you all you need to know.

[This message has been edited by SSBJ (edited 15 March 2001).]