PDA

View Full Version : RAF Leeming open day-Thanks!

ndson
29th Mar 2008, 19:12
I am sure there will be some guys and girls who come on here from R.A.F Leeming, so on behalf of myself and others, a massive thankyou is in order. It was a great day and nicely organised. I don`t believe unfortunately certain people appreciate it fully the effort and just how lucky we were to get this selection of aircraft!
So a big thankyou from me and others for this event and "Pingu" and "Frodo" also. Very pleasant chaps.
R.A.F Leeming will be missed as a major flying base by many.
Good look to all aircrew and all trades who will be moving on.
Cheers!:ok:

Hueymeister
29th Mar 2008, 20:36
When is Leeming due to close? Bit out of the loop here, have the Powers that Be announced the proposed closures?

HM

GLGNDB
29th Mar 2008, 20:42
It's not - XXV (F) Squadron held an open day to mark their upcoming disbandment, with proceeds going to the Help for Heroes campaign and other forces charities.

I too would like to pass on my thanks to all involved in what was a well organised and well run day. At least the weather held out till after lunch. :D

muppetofthenorth
29th Mar 2008, 20:48
I was there working with Help4Heroes today and would just like to add my thanks to all who attended and to the sqn for bending over backwards to help us out.

We sold a huge amount of merchandise and had buckets full of donations - it will make a difference.

Thanks again.

BluntM8
30th Mar 2008, 01:09
I was working one of the aircraft all day. It was a real privilidge to talk to everybody who came along. Thank you to everyone who spared their time.

Blunty.

Mad_Mark
30th Mar 2008, 07:10
Well i know we sent an aircraft down for the occasion for 25 (we nimrod world we dont do XXV pish but respect and well done to everyone)

You'd better tell the guys on CXX that then :eek:

MadMark!!! :mad:

Mad_Mark
30th Mar 2008, 15:38
CXX are the dogs baws anyway , the other lot on the opposite building are not as nice to the groundies hehehe

Careful Strongbowfan, if you are going where I think you are some from 'the other lot' will be there too!

MadMark!!! :mad: