PDA

View Full Version : Do Naples offer employment after 'Career Pilot' course?

AlphaMale
29th Mar 2008, 18:27
Guys,

I am checking out my options for flight training and was wondering if Naples offer their 'Career Pilot' graduates jobs?

I'm looking at their 'Pro Course 2 - FAA Private, Instrument, Commercial, Multi engine rating, CFI, CFII & MEI', I have e-mailed them but have had no reply to date.

After being told I'm looking at April-Sep (6 months) to complete my PPL part-time with a local FTO at a cost of £8k I'm really tempted to wait a little longer and save a bit more cash and go to Naples next year on this course.

What I don't want to do is compete the CFI, CFII & MEI only to be told there are no jobs for me.

I'm reading endless threads/posts from frustrated PPL students that have not flown since early Feb (weekend only flyers) and I'm not sure I want to be one of them.

The 'Career Pilot' course is done over 7 months ... only a little longer than doing my PPL part-time in the UK. And $45k doesn't seem all that bad considering I'll come back with over 210hrs and only a CPL / ME-IR to convert to JAA (as well as doing my ATPL exams via BGS).

EFT and OFT offer their APP/Pro Pilot graduates jobs after graduating so just wondered if Naples do they same (nothing is mentioned on their website).

Happy to sell my car and motorbike, let my apartment out for 12 months and jump on a plane to Florida for this course and apply for a CDL to carry out the conversions and an MCC.

Thanks.

AlphaMale
31st Mar 2008, 17:58
Am I guessing Naples are having trouble with e-mail again?

Anybody know if I'd be able to apply to another US school with an FAA CPL/IR/CFI gained at Naples? I guess the biggest problem will be getting a Visa :hmm: ... ?

Thanks

Trevor Macken
31st Mar 2008, 18:58
Hi Alpha,

Firstly I wouldn't commit to ANY fto before doing alot of research.
If Naples are offering this course for $45k add at least 15-20% :eek: for contingency and over-runs. Don't be taken in by the marketing machine that can and will make it easy to part with a large amount of hard earned (or hard borrowed) cash....

Question everything, talk to lots of ex-students and most importantly enjoy ....

T.M. :cool:

AlphaMale
31st Mar 2008, 19:19
Trying to find some ex-students on here, but all I seem to get through historic posts are people complaining about anything and everything, and that goes for all 4 JAA FTO's in Florida along with many UK FTO's too.

My original plan was to get on the Multi-APP course run by EFT but I've heard too much abut their AC's going tech and the lack of instructors.

I'm also looking into OBA's FAA CPL IFR MEL course at £24k all inclusive over a duration of 5 months? I should get my fATPL cheaper and quicker via that route - with only ATPL exams and CPL/IR conversion to do back in the UK.

Finding an FTO with no negative remarks on here is like finding a needle in a haystack ... I've come to the conclusion I'll get +/- for every FTO so I might as well bite the bullet and take an educated risk.

:ugh:

doctordoom
31st Mar 2008, 20:02
Just use the U.S for your PPL+hourbuilding, come home do your ATPL exams then do a JAA CPL/ME/IR it will work out cheaper in the long run and should not take much longer. Alot of schools in the U.S do the cpl but it does not work out cheaper it just mite save a bit of time, as far as doing a FAA IR I dont think its worth the hassel doing the conversion.

AlphaMale
31st Mar 2008, 20:22
That was another plan I had up my sleeve.

Get my exams done with a local FTO.

Take a 4 to 5 week trip to the US and get my JAA PPL and Night and maybe some hour building if the school lives up to the '21 day PPL course'.

Join a group to build my hours while studying my ATPL exams over 12 months part time

Finish work and concentrate on JAA CPL/ME-IR and leave enough money left over for an FI ticket :ok:

Thanks