PDA

View Full Version : Falcon Getting ATRs

Right Seat
24th Feb 2001, 10:43
For those interested, Falcon Express will be getting 2 ATRs in June/July. Apparently keeping the B1900s as well.
Anyone know any more... Will they be based in Bahrain like the old F27?

colt steel
24th Feb 2001, 11:56
Man belive it when you see them painted up,late and bouncing off the centreline down some runway.

Think the boys are still pushing for AN-12's though!!!!!!!!

Ravensdale...heard youve been outa action for a while.......all clear now??

------------------

Ravensdale
24th Feb 2001, 12:23
Yeah mate - the T cell count is back up.

As for ATRs, still waiting for the 737's, Turbine DC3's, Brazilias, and the Convairs - we'll see........

Right Seat
24th Feb 2001, 13:50
Well, thats comes from the Boss himself over at Falcon... just passing the message.

colt steel
24th Feb 2001, 16:16
Sorry right-handseat..........im still laughing.........you said it's from the horses mouth........man have i heard some stuff from that!!!!!!!!!

Hey ravensdale.........nice form today.....moving a lot faster around the court with the rash fixed.

wandrinabout
24th Feb 2001, 16:29
Anyone got any contact details for 'the horses mouth'. Cheers boys.

Ravensdale
24th Feb 2001, 16:33
Every rumour that has ever come out about Falcon getting new planes has come from the horses mouth - the credibility aint exactly the best. Anyhow if it is true its going to open up a lot of issues.

Hey Right Seat - how long you expecting to be calling yourself that? You seem to have an active intrest in the acquisition.

Colt - next time I'm gonna let you score at least one point on every game so I dont have to see your pimply hairy arse again - and thanks the rash is much beter.

Right Seat
24th Feb 2001, 20:29
Wandrinabout, Steve Sanchez is the guy to speak to - Ops Manager.
Raven, I couldn't care less about Falcon and dont need a job there - quite happy where I am. I just thought maybe someone might be interested...

ironbutt57
25th Feb 2001, 01:42
While we all wait for facts to come "from the horses mouth" in aviation, most of what we hear comes from the other end of the horse

deepee
25th Feb 2001, 03:33
Colt and Rave still waiting for a start date for the EMB-120, any possible update.

In the mean time surf is pretty good, Cricket on TV, cold beers in the fridge. Eat your heart out boys.

------------------
"I don't suffer from stress.I'm a carrier".

[This message has been edited by deepee (edited 24 February 2001).]

pantyripper
26th Feb 2001, 07:11
Could anyone tell me what are the requirements for Falcon, where can one get a B1900 endorsement and are there any age requirements ( could one be too old to get a work visa? ) And finally are there any other similar companies over there worth enquiring about?
Thanks

Right Seat
26th Feb 2001, 09:02
From what I know the requirements are
1) B1900 Type Rating (essential)
2) MINIMUM 500hrs Total Time but it varies apparently...
3) MINIMUM 300hrs Multi Engine
4) Time on Type preferred

Not sure about Visas.
Age for Falcon (info coming from one of their pilots) is min 21 and max 28 for entry as an FO... don't know why...

DHL operate Metros out of Bahrain

Hope this helps

Ravensdale
26th Feb 2001, 22:35
Last I heard the max age was 25 for an FO - I dont know why either. Its got nothing to do with the work visa. The other requirements seem about right.

Deepee..... Got much rain over there??

[This message has been edited by Ravensdale (edited 26 February 2001).]

deepee
28th Feb 2001, 00:31
A little rain but warm and the sun is shining.

:)

colt steel
1st Mar 2001, 12:45
Hey pantyripper,that name alone must put you on the shortlist...youll fit in well if the names like the personality!!!!!!

About the age thing just tell fibs...you certainly wouldnt be the first in that Co.

pantyripper
2nd Mar 2001, 03:31
yeah Ive ripped my fair share of panties, but at a cost, womens underware are not cheap to replace. The last pair cost about $70, that's alot of beer. Anyway what's the chance of employment over that way, would love to come over and drink lots of beer and chase the talent around? Age 25, tt just over 1000hrs twin about 200hrs and willing to pay for ratting on type.

Ravensdale
2nd Mar 2001, 20:52
Did'nt you know UAE is a Muslim country???

Just kidding - theres plenty of deviant behavior around here. As for the hours - sounds a little low on twin (300 min) however rumour has it that there are some in the company who started with less. B190 Rating is neccesary - you may have to shop around for that, forget the ATR for now, internal promotions are supposed to take care of that. As Right Seat said earlier Steve Sanchez is the man to talk to. He will certainly fill you with high hopes. Good luck.

onederduck
2nd Mar 2001, 21:20
I just heard that it is true that Falcon are getting ATRs but unlike in the last post (Ravensdale) they wont be crewed from within. This is just a false promise that management are making in order to keep the peace. I did hear that the truth of the matter is that the ATR's will initially be operated by Farnair (F27), but Falcon will be recruiting type rated pilots to employ about 4 months down the track. This is to apparently cut down on the training costs. I'd be interested to know (as a concerned bystander) if any current Falcon pilots have heard this scenario, and if so what the reaction is?

deepee
4th Mar 2001, 12:50
Been hitting Rock Bottom lately?? :)
Raining all the time and the surf's slack. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

------------------
"I don't suffer from stress.I'm a carrier".

SSBJ
6th Mar 2001, 23:12
Pantyripper your the man, I second the motion that he gets a job in F.E.C.A.
Aparently there are a couple of photos of Colt Steal flying some plane with only his undies on?
Mind you in this company some of the guys should be wearing dypers.

colt steel
7th Mar 2001, 15:17
So SSBJ when are you going to grace us with your presence again.

lota girls pinning for yah!!!!!!

Spoke to Milk.

Catch ya soon.

pantyripper
8th Mar 2001, 07:35
Hey guys save me some of that PHUNTANG overthere! Does anyone know where I can get a B1900 rating? I have already tried GWA in OZ and they dont do them anymore, any contacts or website names would be greatly appreciated, with beer! and if your female, I'll rip your panties!